Bike Guide - Europe
- Neilson Active Holidays
- Work in Europe!
- Up to £600 PCM + Accommodation, Flights, Food & Great Overall Package
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Sports jobs, Sports Coach, Travel & Culture, Camps and Activity Coordinators, Overseas
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time, Temporary, Live in, Contract
Bike Guide - Europe
Salary: Up to £600 PCM + Accommodation, Flights, Food & Great Overall Package
Location: European Beach Resorts
Dates: April - November
Reports To: Bike Co-Ordinator/Active Manager
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play.
You’ll work within a team that will plan, organise and deliver an extensive cycling program that caters for guests of all abilities. This programme will take in all of the stunning local scenery as well as the challenging terrain surrounding our beach clubs.
You will ensure that anyone who wishes to join the guided rides has a great time along with supporting/advising all of our guests who wish to free-ride using the routes you and the team have created.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Organise the provision of a cycling program that caters for all guests, combining both ride technique based tuition and emphasising the social riding element that many of our guests look for on guided rides, as well as a flexible and accommodating free ride program
- Help to develop new, exciting guided routes, and compile a selection of route cards to assist guests in their free-riding
- Ensure the bike fleet is always well maintained and kept fully operational throughout the season
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites to ensure that they always meet guest expectations
- Monitor and track bike spares/supplies ensuring all are well stocked, placing any orders as and when required
- Ensure that the guiding, instruction, and health and safety are delivered to the highest standard by all of the guides
- Practically help with the setup of the centre on a day-to-day basis
- Assist with set up and the pack down either side of the season
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings, and interact positively with guests at all times
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role, willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager according to training you have been given
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum of a trail leader qualification or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Passion and experience for road biking and guiding
- Passion and experience off-road mountain biking and guiding
- Knowledge of technical bike maintenance
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to lead fun, varied, safe and informative bike rides
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of bike maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures and the ability to react calmly, quickly, and effectively in emergencies
- Knowledge of current bike developments
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Able to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
*For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.
If you've got the passion, we've got the opportunity!
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Who Are Neilson Active Holidays?
We are proud to be one of the leading active holiday specialists and have been delivering awesome holidays for over 40 years.
Year after year our guest’s love to return to our resorts to experience the expertise of our resort teams, whether it’s for a top-notch sailing lesson from our qualified RYA instructors, a delicious cocktail freshly served by our experienced bar team or to hit the slopes with one of our Neilson Mountain Experts.
Bring your passion to our team!
You'll need to be a strong, natural communicator who is able to build rapport with ease and interact confidently with both our guests and other staff members alike.
Neilson Active Holidays is bursting at the seams with opportunities to fine tune your talents and the experiences that you will take away from working anywhere within our programme will stand you in great stead for the future.
In addition to all of this, you'll be able to master some amazing activity sports along the way!
Who are we looking for?
- Those with a great sense of humour!
- Likeable, charismatic, individuals with bags of character and contagious enthusiasm!
- Those who can demonstrate the desire to get involved, enhance their skills and share their expertise!
- Genuine personalities, those that are kind, friendly and helpful in their nature!
- People who can bring a bit of individual magic to our award-winning team!
- Grafters that are not scared of hard work, they strive to be the best and can have lots of fun whilst they do it!
- Those with a great work ethic and the right attitude!
- Problem solvers that are responsible, punctual and have the ability to use their common sense!
- Well mannered and positive in their outlook on life!
Training, Development And Career Progression
We want to develop our staff, provide opportunities to learn new skills and give you the chance to follow in the footsteps of many senior Neilson managers who have worked through the ranks with great success.
We have former chalet hosts are now in charge of the largest hotels in our programme and former windsurfing instructors who are now the operational/commercial masterminds behind the development of our biggest products.
If you are happy to put in the hard work and thrive under pressure, we can offer you a challenging and very rewarding career.
The Neilson team are the backbone of the business and we want to be a great company to work for. We listen to what our team have to say and constantly strive to make everything the best it can be. We will ensure that you're properly trained in all aspects of your role in order to meet the expectations of our guests and satisfy all legal requirements.
The Recruitment Process
Working for Neilson is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love and we are always looking for the best people to join our team.
If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you, so kick-start your adventure and complete an online application today.
Give yourself the best chance and be sure to complete every section thoroughly so that we can get a feel for who you are and what you are all about.
If your application passes the initial criteria, you will be placed on a list of potential candidates, however, this does not guarantee an interview at this stage.
The team will then take a closer look at the information you have provided to see if you could be a good fit for the business and for the role to which you have applied.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unable to apply for a specific position through our online application form then this role is not currently available!
- Neilson Active Holidays
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert