Shore based Engineer/Mechanic - Greece
- Neilson Active Holidays
- Work in Greece!
- Up to £1760 PCM (Gross) + Accommodation*, flights + great overall package
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Hotel jobs, Grounds Person, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Person
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time, Temporary, Live in, Contract
Shore based Engineer/Mechanic - Greece
Salary: Up to £1760 PCM (Gross) + Accommodation*, flights + great overall package
Dates: April - November
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it’s a lifestyle! It’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun and there’s always plenty of time to play!
Spend a summer in the Greek sunshine taking care of the Neilson yacht fleet? As a Shore based Engineer/Mechanic you’ll support the Neilson Flotilla Engineers ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of our yachts.
Motivated by a challenge, you’ll always be ready to deal with any problems that arise, albeit at sea or back at base. You’ll also be able to diagnose/repair a variety of breakdowns while confidently interacting well and easily building rapport with guests, other team members alike.
You must be an experienced engineer; however, if you’ve not specialised in yachts before, don’t let that put you off from applying. Although you’ll need to be confident with diesel engines, 12-volt electrics and basic plumbing, over the years, some of our best Neilson yacht engineers have come from an agricultural & car mechanic background.
You’ll be based at our Vounaki Beachclub sailing centre in Greece where you can enjoy a stunning choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience.
We’ll cover your accommodation and bills in the package along with exciting opportunities to work with us all year round.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and always give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- As a Shore based Engineer/Mechanic, you will be efficient at managing your time and your tools to get the job done correctly
- No problem is too big or too small – you will thrive from dealing with a variety of mechanical and electrical faults.
- As a Shorebased Engineer/ Mechanic you will need to think outside the box and use your initiative with a positive, personable approach to ensure that our guests receive the highest level of service
- We would expect you to be flexible with your time and work the hours required to ensure that our yachts are fully functional whenever possible
- You will take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson yachts and equipment ensuring that we meet our brochure specifications and guest expectations
- You are happy working as part of a team pro-actively providing help to all guests using our yachts each day
- You will assist in providing a safe and enjoyable working environment and ensuring all health & safety regulations are adhered to, both for staff and guests
- You may sometimes need to move between different resorts according to operational needs and requirements
- We would need you to be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties within reason as requested by your manager
These are the main accountabilities however these may vary according to your resort.
Qualifications, Abilities and Experience required:
- Engineering – mechanical, electrical or both
- NVQ Level 3 motor vehicle or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Knowledge of 12V electric systems
- VHF license would be beneficial
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Previous customer service experience
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- A mature approach and attitude to work
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance
If you've got the passion, we've got the opportunity!
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Who Are Neilson Active Holidays?
We are proud to be one of the leading active holiday specialists and have been delivering awesome holidays for over 40 years.
Year after year our guest’s love to return to our resorts to experience the expertise of our resort teams, whether it’s for a top-notch sailing lesson from our qualified RYA instructors, a delicious cocktail freshly served by our experienced bar team or to hit the slopes with one of our Neilson Mountain Experts.
Bring your passion to our team!
You'll need to be a strong, natural communicator who is able to build rapport with ease and interact confidently with both our guests and other staff members alike.
Neilson Active Holidays is bursting at the seams with opportunities to fine tune your talents and the experiences that you will take away from working anywhere within our programme will stand you in great stead for the future.
In addition to all of this, you'll be able to master some amazing activity sports along the way!
Who are we looking for?
- Those with a great sense of humour!
- Likeable, charismatic, individuals with bags of character and contagious enthusiasm!
- Those who can demonstrate the desire to get involved, enhance their skills and share their expertise!
- Genuine personalities, those that are kind, friendly and helpful in their nature!
- People who can bring a bit of individual magic to our award-winning team!
- Grafters that are not scared of hard work, they strive to be the best and can have lots of fun whilst they do it!
- Those with a great work ethic and the right attitude!
- Problem solvers that are responsible, punctual and have the ability to use their common sense!
- Well mannered and positive in their outlook on life!
Training, Development And Career Progression
We want to develop our staff, provide opportunities to learn new skills and give you the chance to follow in the footsteps of many senior Neilson managers who have worked through the ranks with great success.
We have former chalet hosts are now in charge of the largest hotels in our programme and former windsurfing instructors who are now the operational/commercial masterminds behind the development of our biggest products.
If you are happy to put in the hard work and thrive under pressure, we can offer you a challenging and very rewarding career.
The Neilson team are the backbone of the business and we want to be a great company to work for. We listen to what our team have to say and constantly strive to make everything the best it can be. We will ensure that you're properly trained in all aspects of your role in order to meet the expectations of our guests and satisfy all legal requirements.
The Recruitment Process
Working for Neilson is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love and we are always looking for the best people to join our team.
If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you, so kick-start your adventure and complete an online application today.
Give yourself the best chance and be sure to complete every section thoroughly so that we can get a feel for who you are and what you are all about.
If your application passes the initial criteria, you will be placed on a list of potential candidates, however, this does not guarantee an interview at this stage.
The team will then take a closer look at the information you have provided to see if you could be a good fit for the business and for the role to which you have applied.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unable to apply for a specific position through our online application form then this role is not currently available!
- Neilson Active Holidays
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert