Spa Therapist - Europe
- Neilson Active Holidays
- Work in Europe!
- Up to £720 PCM + Uncapped Commission, Accommodation, Flights, Food + Excellent Overall Package
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Spa, Massage & Beauty jobs, Beauty Therapist, Spa Therapist, Travel & Culture, Overseas
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time, Temporary, Live in, Contract
Spa Therapist - Europe
Salary: Up to £720 PCM + Uncapped Commission, Accommodation, Flights, Food + Excellent Overall Package
Location: European Beach Resorts
Dates: April - November
Reports To: Spa Manager/Hotel Manager
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beach Club resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
Our Spas provide an additional touch of luxury to our resorts and allow our guests to indulge in some well-deserved ‘me’ time. As an NVQ level 3 beauty therapist (or equivalent), You’ll promote the Neilson relax, restore & revive philosophy that our guests have got to know and love.
You’ll be passionate about providing excellent treatments, ensuring that your clients leave feeling on top of the world and enthusiastic to perhaps book again during their stay.
You’ll work closely with your team to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day operation, maximise treatments and retail sales, to exceed set financial targets, and to provide a high level of customer satisfaction with our spa product.
You’ll be working with products provided by the luxury brand, Temple Spa. You’ll be given thorough product support/training to ensure that both you and your team are always able to deliver excellent treatments that complement your professional and personable approach.
If you’re a brilliant therapist looking for a fantastic change of scenery, there could be a place for you on our team! We’re always looking for friendly, enthusiastic, and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease, always giving our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Upsell treatments and retail products to maximise spa sales
- Ensure that all spa and beauty bookings are made in the most effective and productive manner to maximise treatment opportunities
- Perform all spa treatments to a high standard as set during training
- You’ll need to be happy to be the only spa therapist in the hotel
- You’ll be well presented and proud to wear the Neilson spa uniform
- Carry out all spa treatments and services to a high standard
- Actively maintain a good knowledge of spa services and products
- Ensure that all agreed targets regarding Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Ensure that your spa outlet is very well presented and take personal responsibility for all treatment areas
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures are followed accordingly
- Follow all Health & Safety procedures and instructions accordingly to ensure a safe spa and hotel
- You’ll actively report any issues relating to the operation along with any additional ideas for improvements to the Hotel Manager
- Always seek direct feedback from our guests and report this your line managers
- Display excellent customer service, support and awareness at all times
- Demonstrate excellent, overall knowledge of Neilson products to advise our guests
- Manage stock levels and follow all usage guidelines set during training
- Ensure that all retail and professional stock is secure and always handled correctly
- Ensure that spa POS systems are used correctly
- Build rapport, develop, maintain positive working relationships with the spa team, management and all other team members
- Carry out any other duties to assist with the smooth running of the overseas operation as designated by your line manager
Personal Skills, Knowledge, experience & Qualities: Essential:
- To be approachable, confident, knowledgeable, with excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Organised, hardworking, honest, flexible, energetic, self-motivated, target orientated and keen to display a consistently high standard of service
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
Technical Skills or Knowledge: Essential:
- Capable of learning new programs and procedures quickly and accurately
- Computer literate with a basic understanding of Word, Excel, Email
Qualifications & Training:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- At least 1 year of sales experience (Desirable)
- Previous work experience overseas (Desirable)
- Qualifications: Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Qualifications: Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 3 Hot Stone and Gel manicure/pedicure or equivalent
- Work Experience – Sales: 0 – 1 Year
- Work Experience – Practical: 1 – 2 Years
- A valid UK/ EU work permit: Required
*For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.
If you've got the passion, we've got the opportunity!
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Who Are Neilson Active Holidays?
We are proud to be one of the leading active holiday specialists and have been delivering awesome holidays for over 40 years.
Year after year our guest’s love to return to our resorts to experience the expertise of our resort teams, whether it’s for a top-notch sailing lesson from our qualified RYA instructors, a delicious cocktail freshly served by our experienced bar team or to hit the slopes with one of our Neilson Mountain Experts.
Bring your passion to our team!
You'll need to be a strong, natural communicator who is able to build rapport with ease and interact confidently with both our guests and other staff members alike.
Neilson Active Holidays is bursting at the seams with opportunities to fine tune your talents and the experiences that you will take away from working anywhere within our programme will stand you in great stead for the future.
In addition to all of this, you'll be able to master some amazing activity sports along the way!
Who are we looking for?
- Those with a great sense of humour!
- Likeable, charismatic, individuals with bags of character and contagious enthusiasm!
- Those who can demonstrate the desire to get involved, enhance their skills and share their expertise!
- Genuine personalities, those that are kind, friendly and helpful in their nature!
- People who can bring a bit of individual magic to our award-winning team!
- Grafters that are not scared of hard work, they strive to be the best and can have lots of fun whilst they do it!
- Those with a great work ethic and the right attitude!
- Problem solvers that are responsible, punctual and have the ability to use their common sense!
- Well mannered and positive in their outlook on life!
Training, Development And Career Progression
We want to develop our staff, provide opportunities to learn new skills and give you the chance to follow in the footsteps of many senior Neilson managers who have worked through the ranks with great success.
We have former chalet hosts are now in charge of the largest hotels in our programme and former windsurfing instructors who are now the operational/commercial masterminds behind the development of our biggest products.
If you are happy to put in the hard work and thrive under pressure, we can offer you a challenging and very rewarding career.
The Neilson team are the backbone of the business and we want to be a great company to work for. We listen to what our team have to say and constantly strive to make everything the best it can be. We will ensure that you're properly trained in all aspects of your role in order to meet the expectations of our guests and satisfy all legal requirements.
The Recruitment Process
Working for Neilson is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love and we are always looking for the best people to join our team.
If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you, so kick-start your adventure and complete an online application today.
Give yourself the best chance and be sure to complete every section thoroughly so that we can get a feel for who you are and what you are all about.
If your application passes the initial criteria, you will be placed on a list of potential candidates, however, this does not guarantee an interview at this stage.
The team will then take a closer look at the information you have provided to see if you could be a good fit for the business and for the role to which you have applied.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unable to apply for a specific position through our online application form then this role is not currently available!
- Neilson Active Holidays
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert