Fitness Instructor - Europe
- Neilson Active Holidays
- Work in Europe!
- Up to £710 PCM Based on Experience + Accommodation & Great Overall Package
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
Fitness Instructor - Europe
Salary: Up to £710 PCM Based on Experience + Accommodation & Great Overall Package
Location: European Beach Resorts
Dates: April - November
Reports To: Fitness Co-Ordinator/Active Manager
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
A Neilson holiday would not be complete without dedicated fitness professionals. You will need to be passionate about fitness, energetic and sociable with the ability to work independently. You’ll be based in one of our beautiful beach resorts where you will deliver a varied weekly programme that is always safe, fun and precisely tailored to your guests.
Throughout the season you will interact with a variety of individuals from all walks of life at varying levels of fitness, therefore enabling you to both inspire and to be inspired while continually expanding your personal fitness experience. Your sessions will be created around the facilities and equipment available to you in the resort and drawing upon your skills, knowledge and training.
A high level of personal fitness is required as you will be expected to guide 5KM runs and lead or join 6-8 classes per day.
We will provide you with plenty of support and additional training, so as long as you are up for the challenge, open-minded and willing to learn, you will gain plenty of experience teaching all of the classes below:
- Aqua Aerobics
- Stretch & Relax
- Gym sessions
- Personal training
- Circuit training
You will need group session instructional experience and hold the minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Exercise to Music, Fitness Instruction or equivalent. Level 3 Personal Training, Yoga, Pilates qualifications or experience would be extremely beneficial.
We have plenty to keep you motivated throughout the season too! You can enjoy lots of awesome activities including dinghy sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, water skiing, wakeboarding, cycling and tennis as part of the deal.
We’re always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Consistently maintain an excellent level of customer service
- Provide an excellent fitness programme that incorporates group classes and personal training sessions
- Demonstrate and deliver effective techniques accommodate varying levels of fitness during classes
- Actively promote the fitness programme and personal training sessions to maximise participation
- To ensure the highest standards of health and safety
- Advise all guests on the practical and safe use of all equipment
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson fitness equipment
- Make sure that the fitness areas are always clean & tidy
- Able to work independently, to set up, pack up, and help all guests using the gym equipment each day
- To assist in the organisation and hosting of social events, delivering briefings
- You’ll be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To assist in the set-up of the hotel/fitness areas at the beginning of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- You’ll be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and fulfil your contractual end date
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Exercise to Music qualification or equivalent
- Gym Instructor qualification or equivalent
- Level 3 Personal trainer or above or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Experience of delivering a variety of exercise classes
- Previous customer service experience
- Basic understanding of Yoga and Pilates
- Pilates Instructor qualification
- Yoga Teacher/Instructor qualification
- Suspension exercise trainer
- Aqua Aerobics Instructor
- Zumba instructor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Awareness of current fitness industry developments
- Ability to react calmly, quickly, and effectively in emergencies
- Able to plan and advise on guest fitness development
- Effective communication skills
- Able to work independently using your initiative
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Able to promote and lead an inspirational and active lifestyle
- You must have a high level of fitness
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Flexible Attitude
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
*For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.
If you've got the passion, we've got the opportunity!
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Who Are Neilson Active Holidays?
We are proud to be one of the leading active holiday specialists and have been delivering awesome holidays for over 40 years.
Year after year our guest’s love to return to our resorts to experience the expertise of our resort teams, whether it’s for a top-notch sailing lesson from our qualified RYA instructors, a delicious cocktail freshly served by our experienced bar team or to hit the slopes with one of our Neilson Mountain Experts.
Bring your passion to our team!
You'll need to be a strong, natural communicator who is able to build rapport with ease and interact confidently with both our guests and other staff members alike.
Neilson Active Holidays is bursting at the seams with opportunities to fine tune your talents and the experiences that you will take away from working anywhere within our programme will stand you in great stead for the future.
In addition to all of this, you'll be able to master some amazing activity sports along the way!
Who are we looking for?
- Those with a great sense of humour!
- Likeable, charismatic, individuals with bags of character and contagious enthusiasm!
- Those who can demonstrate the desire to get involved, enhance their skills and share their expertise!
- Genuine personalities, those that are kind, friendly and helpful in their nature!
- People who can bring a bit of individual magic to our award-winning team!
- Grafters that are not scared of hard work, they strive to be the best and can have lots of fun whilst they do it!
- Those with a great work ethic and the right attitude!
- Problem solvers that are responsible, punctual and have the ability to use their common sense!
- Well mannered and positive in their outlook on life!
Training, Development And Career Progression
We want to develop our staff, provide opportunities to learn new skills and give you the chance to follow in the footsteps of many senior Neilson managers who have worked through the ranks with great success.
We have former chalet hosts are now in charge of the largest hotels in our programme and former windsurfing instructors who are now the operational/commercial masterminds behind the development of our biggest products.
If you are happy to put in the hard work and thrive under pressure, we can offer you a challenging and very rewarding career.
The Neilson team are the backbone of the business and we want to be a great company to work for. We listen to what our team have to say and constantly strive to make everything the best it can be. We will ensure that you're properly trained in all aspects of your role in order to meet the expectations of our guests and satisfy all legal requirements.
The Recruitment Process
Working for Neilson is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love and we are always looking for the best people to join our team.
If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you, so kick-start your adventure and complete an online application today.
Give yourself the best chance and be sure to complete every section thoroughly so that we can get a feel for who you are and what you are all about.
If your application passes the initial criteria, you will be placed on a list of potential candidates, however, this does not guarantee an interview at this stage.
The team will then take a closer look at the information you have provided to see if you could be a good fit for the business and for the role to which you have applied.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unable to apply for a specific position through our online application form then this role is not currently available!
- Neilson Active Holidays
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert