Waterski & Wakeboard Instructor - Europe
- Neilson Active Holidays
- Work in Europe!
- Up to £640 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, Flights, Food & Great Overall Package
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Sports jobs, Wake Board Instructor, Waterski Instructor, Travel & Culture, Overseas
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time, Temporary, Live in, Contract
Waterski & Wakeboard Instructor - Europe
Salary: Up to £640 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, Flights, Food & Great Overall Package
Dates: April - November
Reports To: Waterski Manager
Location: European Beach Resorts
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
Water Skiing and Wakeboarding are very popular activities in our resorts, and our Ski Teams love to help our guests get out and enjoy the excellent conditions available throughout our programme.
As a qualified British Water Ski & Waterski (BWSW) coach, you understand that everybody learns in their way. Your dynamic approach and patience will ensure that your guests are up on their feet in no time.
You will help to deliver a brilliant Waterski/Wakeboard activity programme for the guests while always providing fantastic service. Whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first tow ever or helping someone celebrate landing a well-practised trick, you will go out of your way to make sure that these moments are memorable!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- To maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- To deliver an excellent water ski/wakeboard programme that follows the BWSW syllabus
- To rotate within the team and to take responsibility for coaching, driving and spotting
- You’ll greet the guests on the pontoon, take bookings and to prepare people for their tow
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to and that guests are coached on the effective/safe use of all equipment
- To take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure that the appearance of the pontoon and waterski Centre always meets guest expectations
- The ability to work well, both independently and as part of the team
- To set up, pack up, and assist all guests using our equipment and facilities each day
- To assist the set-up of the beach/hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To assist in the organisation and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and always be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- British Water Ski Federation (UKCC) Level 2 Instructor or equivalent
- British Water Ski Federation (BWSW) Ski Boat Driver Award (SBD2) or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of working in a waterski/wakeboard environment would be desirable
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Waterski and Wakeboard sessions
- Skilled ski boat driver – Please note: Permission to drive ski boats in Greece is subject to local legislation
- Knowledge of the BWSF syllabus
- Knowledge of the current waterski and wakeboard industry (desirable)
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work well using your own initiative and to follow both verbal and written instructions accurately
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
*For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.
If you've got the passion, we've got the opportunity!
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Who Are Neilson Active Holidays?
We are proud to be one of the leading active holiday specialists and have been delivering awesome holidays for over 40 years.
Year after year our guest’s love to return to our resorts to experience the expertise of our resort teams, whether it’s for a top-notch sailing lesson from our qualified RYA instructors, a delicious cocktail freshly served by our experienced bar team or to hit the slopes with one of our Neilson Mountain Experts.
Bring your passion to our team!
You'll need to be a strong, natural communicator who is able to build rapport with ease and interact confidently with both our guests and other staff members alike.
Neilson Active Holidays is bursting at the seams with opportunities to fine tune your talents and the experiences that you will take away from working anywhere within our programme will stand you in great stead for the future.
In addition to all of this, you'll be able to master some amazing activity sports along the way!
Who are we looking for?
- Those with a great sense of humour!
- Likeable, charismatic, individuals with bags of character and contagious enthusiasm!
- Those who can demonstrate the desire to get involved, enhance their skills and share their expertise!
- Genuine personalities, those that are kind, friendly and helpful in their nature!
- People who can bring a bit of individual magic to our award-winning team!
- Grafters that are not scared of hard work, they strive to be the best and can have lots of fun whilst they do it!
- Those with a great work ethic and the right attitude!
- Problem solvers that are responsible, punctual and have the ability to use their common sense!
- Well mannered and positive in their outlook on life!
Training, Development And Career Progression
We want to develop our staff, provide opportunities to learn new skills and give you the chance to follow in the footsteps of many senior Neilson managers who have worked through the ranks with great success.
We have former chalet hosts are now in charge of the largest hotels in our programme and former windsurfing instructors who are now the operational/commercial masterminds behind the development of our biggest products.
If you are happy to put in the hard work and thrive under pressure, we can offer you a challenging and very rewarding career.
The Neilson team are the backbone of the business and we want to be a great company to work for. We listen to what our team have to say and constantly strive to make everything the best it can be. We will ensure that you're properly trained in all aspects of your role in order to meet the expectations of our guests and satisfy all legal requirements.
The Recruitment Process
Working for Neilson is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love and we are always looking for the best people to join our team.
If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you, so kick-start your adventure and complete an online application today.
Give yourself the best chance and be sure to complete every section thoroughly so that we can get a feel for who you are and what you are all about.
If your application passes the initial criteria, you will be placed on a list of potential candidates, however, this does not guarantee an interview at this stage.
The team will then take a closer look at the information you have provided to see if you could be a good fit for the business and for the role to which you have applied.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unable to apply for a specific position through our online application form then this role is not currently available!
- Neilson Active Holidays
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert