Business Manager - Ormskirk, Lancashire
- Sporting House
- Ormskirk, Lancashire
- Competitive + Performance Bonus Available
- Closing date
- 11 Apr 2023
- Sports jobs, Management, Senior Management (Sports), Travel & Culture, Business Development Manager
- Job Type
- Full Time
Business Manager - Ormskirk, Lancashire
Reporting to a Senior Business Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as your allocated venue as well as setting goals for the future. You will be well-versed in business skills and processes; you will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the company’s vision and culture. The key accountability of this role will be to ensure the profitability of our company’s activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
Our business managers are talented, experienced professionals who are responsible for leading and supervising a team to ensure productivity and efficiency of operations, providing direction to deliver operational excellence for customers and implementing commercial strategies that ensure site profitability contribution to the existing estate performance.
- Implement goals and objectives that align to growth and profitability.
- Deliver business plans and strategies to ensure performance against the balanced scorecard
- Ensure that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g., people, collateral, equipment.
- Organize and coordinate excellent operational practice to ensure premium customer journey for Learn to Swim clients.
- Regularly supervise the work of the team and provide feedback consistently to improve efficiency and quality.
- Ensure all venue operations meet the relevant organisational and statutory policies including health and safety, safeguarding, data and equality laws.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Gather, analyse and interpret external and internal data and insight to inform performance and responsibilities.
- Regularly assess and report overall site performance against objectives.
- Play an active part in the storytelling of our people across the TSA brand
- Actively contribute to internal reviews and feedback to produce continual improvement strategies for future provision.
- Inspire the TSA teams through smart ways of working, high-quality and open and honest culture.
- Keep up to date on industry updates, competitor analysis, best practice and trends
- Continuously improve through feedback and actively seek opportunities to expand skill set, knowledge and experience.
E = Essential / D = Desirable
Skills and Attributes (E)
- Be self-reflective, with authenticity and an approachable, genuine desire to invest in people.
- Be able to communicate effectively, openly, and transparently.
- Be able to organise self and others with excellent planning and preparation skills.
- Proven ability to provide high quality and effective feedback to mentor, guide and influence others.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to support effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally and with key team-mates and stakeholders.
- Has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and demonstrates high energy at all times.
- Can follow organizational processes and procedures.
- Able to work remotely with initiative and as part of a national team.
- Has the mental wellbeing to look after self and others.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- A passion for the industry and change.
- Ability to travel nationally and to stay away overnight when required.
- Ability to drive with a full UK driving license.
- Qualifications in Business Management or relevant fields would be of benefit. (D)
- Leadership and Mentoring qualifications. (D)
- Commercially driven with experience of working with and articulating Key Performance Indicators (E)
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development (E)
- Knowledge of the principles and standards that underpin excellent operational delivery in Learn to swim provision. (D)
- Knowledge of legal aspects of role and excellent practice in relation to Health and Safety, Safeguarding, First Aid, Equality and Diversity and Data Protection. (E)
- Enhanced knowledge through recent and regular CPD opportunities and vocational experience. (E)
- Sound financial acumen including knowledge of revenue/target setting and financial management packs (D)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and CRM systems. (E)
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques (E)
- Strong literacy, numeracy and IT skills (E)
- Proven experience as business manager or relevant role. (D)
- Experience of line managing and/or mentoring others. (E)
- Customer service focused, demonstrates a committed approach to quality of standards
- Experience of managing programmes and projects (E)
- Ability to manage budgets effectively
- Experience of positively engaging and influencing people both in direct line management/structures but also across other teams and through collaboration and teamwork. (E)
- Experience of quality standards and compliance/regulatory requirements for high quality operations (D)
- Experience of working under pressure, meeting targets and deadlines. (E)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert