General Manager - Shropshire
- Leisure People Recruitment
- England, Shropshire
- £45000 per annum + excellent benefits
- Closing date
- 15 Apr 2023
General Manager - Hotel, Leisure & Events Venue Newport, Shropshire TF10
£45,000 +Excellent benefits
Our client operates an impressive range of venues with world class sports, leisure and fitness facilities, hotels and conferencing set in beautiful and extensive stately grounds.
We are looking for a General Manager to oversee the key hospitality departments of their recently refurbished venue in Shropshire including hotel operations, housekeeping, food and beverage and conferencing and events.
Benefits include 33-days holiday (including bank holidays), 6% matched contributory pension, Life assurance, free meals on shift and discounts across a range of sports, fitness, leisure and clinical products and services.
- Reporting into the Area Manager and accountable for accommodation, food and beverage, housekeeping and conference and events departments.
- Lead, coach and develop your teams, inspiring a culture of collaboration, service excellence and drive for results.
- Full finance accountability; managing budgets; driving sales and controlling expenditure.
- Ensure the day-to day operation runs smoothly, is clean and safe at all times.
- Working typically Monday to Friday with occasional evening and weekend work for big events.
- Well groomed, high personable and professional with outstanding communication skills.
- Have the ambition, drive and learning ability to progress within the organization.
- Hands-on approach to leadership who enjoys interacting with customers and getting into the detail of the business.
- Evidence of building high performing teams in previous roles.
- Extensive accommodation and food and beverage management experience ideally within a hotel, conferencing or events venue.
- Experience in managing and growing a conference and events business such as weddings, corporate events and team building days.
- Experience in managing budgets, planning and forecasting.
- Have your own transport and live within commuting distance of the property (as accommodation will not be provided unless you are hosting a late-night event)
- Have the flexibility in your life to work the occasional evening or weekend depending on the business needs.
For more information, please click apply and we will be in touch promptly if you have the right level of experience.
Apply for General Manager - Shropshire
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert