Junior Sous Chef
- Cottons Hotel & Spa
- Cottons Hotel & Spa, Knutsford
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- 15 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Junior Sous Chef
- Job Type
- Full Time
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Junior Sous Chef to help drive our skilled kitchen team.
As Junior Sous Chef you are a vital part of our brigade and will support the Sous & Head Chef. Spending your days serving delicious food in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Head Chef.
Your day to day;
- Supporting the Sous Chef with the management of the kitchen in line with the Head Chef’s direction
- Producing a high standard of food from scratch for all of our menus
- Managing a section in our kitchen cooking from fresh ingredients
- Eliminating wasteful or unprofitable practices
- Ensuring food safety standards are adhered to
- Helping with the ordering and storage of food supplies
Who are we looking for?
You should have experience of working with fresh ingredients and cooking from scratch. We have recipes you must follow but a flair for cooking is essential.
Having innovative ideas and the ability to implement them is important as a Junior Sous Chef. Proven previous experience is essential. If you are a team player who is committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you.
You will enjoy sharing your knowledge with junior members of a team but will also look to those around you to grow your own skills.
It's a great opportunity for someone with a natural drive for excellence who is seeking advancement in their career. We can support you to achieve nationally recognised qualifications through our academies that will develop your skills as you journey up the ladder.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it doesn't matter if a guest orders a full breakfast or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- Wagestream - the ability to access up to 40% of your wages as you earn them each week
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert