Local Security Management Lead - Guildford
- Guildford, Surrey
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
What we'll give:
Local Security Management Lead - Royal Surrey County Hospital
35000 per annum
40 hours per weekMore about the role:
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing a diverse team in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a healthcare setting. This role will require a strong and experienced leader who is results focussed and has exceptional leadership and stakeholder management skills.
The role will be responsible for the effective leadership of the local security & CCTV operation, Car Parking and Access Control Office operations, and the Security agenda across the Trust.
The post holder will also lead services across Trust Car Parking and Traffic Management. This includes conducting regular audits to monitor standards and performance of the service through robust quality assurance systems and processes.
You will be responsible for the delivery of the security and car parking services on a day-to-day basis, ensuring compliance to contractual requirements and all relevant legislation such as SIA standards, GDPR, CCTV operations and BS7858 vetting.Who you are:
Our ideal Local Security Management Lead will:
- Strategically lead the security and car parking functions across a busy acute hospital
- Take lead responsibility in the smooth and effective running of the security control room ensuring all staff are trained and all GDPR, SIA and trust policies regarding privacy and information governance are implemented, understood, and adhered to.
- To promote that the primary duty of the Security Service is to ensure the safety and security of all persons and properties at Royal Surrey Foundation Trust and to promote a safe environment and reduce the fear of crime by providing a high-profile visible presence.
- To ensure that all staff, including volunteers, within the Trust are aware of the Security
- Management Policy, and other associated / related policies, and staff obligations to adhere to them. Provide specialist advice on security issues and increase awareness amongst staff.
- To take responsibility for addressing security issues as and when they arrive. Where appropriate direct or conduct investigations for security incidents / breaches in a fair, objective and professional manner so that the appropriate sanctions are taken and consideration of preventive action takes place.
- Be actively involved with the Emergency Planning Team, and contribute and participate in all emergency exercises
- To provide timely reports, board reports based on audit results, interrogation and triangulation of data covering all aspects of the security / Car Parking & Traffic Management service.
- To deliver the quality standards and targets outlined in the Trust's Risk Management Strategy and local operational policies and procedures
- Ensure that security risk assessments and surveys are carried out and kept in date at all times
- Chair meetings with the contractor, implement effective working KPI's and put in place improvement plans to improve compliance where necessary.
- Work on behalf of NHS bodies to deliver an environment that is safe and secure so that the highest standards of clinical care can be made available to patients.
- Develop, implement, and review procedures and assignment instructions to ensure the security of all sites within the contract is maintained at all times
- Develop effective relationships with all emergency services and agencies to ensure a coordinated and systematic approach in the event of an emergency at any site within the contract
- Organise and manage the provision of data concerning Security for management information.
- Work with the Operations Manager and management colleagues to support the smooth running and development of the contract
- To ensure that the Trust car parking resources are used to maximum effect for both patients and visitors and staff.
- The post holder might be required to work out of hours or to meet the service needs at the time.
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost of living crisis throughout this winter, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- All team members eligible are entitled to a 50% discount at their place of work. Team members are able to take advantage of this discount at the following retail brands operated by Compass Group: Costa, Deli Marche, Amigo and Baguette Co, to name a few.
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Job Reference: com/1503/85659001/52554624/MEDWJ
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.What you'll be doing:
We're currently recruiting a dedicated Local Security Management Lead to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Healthcare on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Local Security Management Lead, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert