Chef Manager - Orpington
- Orpington, Greater London
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Chef de Partie, Cook
- Job Type
What we'll give:
Chef Manager - Circle Healthcare - Chelsfield Park
30.000 per annum
40 hours per week
Based in Orpington
Great benefits and work-life balanceMore about the role:
Reporting into an Area Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Having responsibility for the overall efficient and effective management of the catering contract to ensure great quality, consistent food and beverage services across all areas.
- Maintaining a positive client relationship and regularly communicating with them to understand key requirements or changes.
- Responsibility for the management, recruitment, development and training of team members. This includes managing sickness, conducting reviews and delivering training as required.
- Accountability for the labour spend and food costs, regularly reviewing this with your Area Manager to be proactive in managing cost and delivering on the agreed financial budget.
- Ensuring the smooth planning of the contract and resources to deliver a first-class service to our clients and customers
- Ensuring the operation is fully compliant with company policies and procedures and legislative and regulatory requirements i.e. allergens kcal, PPDS etc.
Our ideal Chef Manager will:
- Ideally have previous experience in contract catering or within a similar role. We can provide training to the right person with transferrable skills.
- Have experience of working in a kitchen environment, producing food in adhering to recipes and menu plans.
- Experience of leading and managing teams and the ability to motivate them to succeed.
- Have had experience in managing client relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to liaise with colleagues, customers and clients at all levels
- Quality and process driven with particular focus on delivering results
- Compliant with Company policies and procedures in line with client agreements
- IT Literate (MS Office, Email).
With this in mind, our main focus is finding the right candidate to fit with the team and be able to motivate them to succeed. We will provide initial and ongoing training to the successful candidate. We take pride in developing our people and have a wealth of training and development opportunities that the successful candidate can take advantage of.
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost-of-living crisis throughout this winter, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness, and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
We are currently looking for a dedicated Chef Manager to help ensure the smooth running of our catering operation within one of our Medirest Signature contracts. Circle Health Group is Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
As a Chef Manager, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work and support your team in delivering a premium service for our client and the patients in their care. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
The role of the Chef Manager is based at Chelsfield Park and is a full-time position, contracted to 40 hours per week.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within one of our prestigious private healthcare contracts and make a real difference to those you work with.
In Medirest Signature, we pride ourselves on ensuring that patients receive the same high standards as a quality hotel: a 5-star, safe and efficient Medirest experience, with exceptional attention to detail and premium service. Medirest Signature tailor-makes these experience for our clients.
Our world-class chefs design menus with even more choice and greater quality, choosing from a range of nutritional food and drink options as well as international cuisines. Our specially trained teams deliver a service experience that matches the food.
Ultimately, we always put the wellbeing of our patients, their family, and visitors at the heart of what we do.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert