Apprentice Line Chef - Swansea
- Compass Group UK
- Swansea, Swansea (Abertawe)
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Chef de Partie, Cook
- Job Type
- Full Time
What we'll give:
APPRENTICE FOOD PRODUCTION CHEF
SALARY: 10.30 per hour
LOCATION: Swansea University, Castle Room, Fulton House, Singleton Park, Swansea. SA2 8PP
REPORTING TO: Head Chef
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, working an 8-hour shift between 07:00 and 23:00
DURATION: Minimum of 15 months
Do you have a real passion for cooking and would love a career as a Chef? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Food Production & Cooking Chef to join our team at Swansea University.
You do not need to have any experience; full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone looking for a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone, regardless of age!
Over a 12-15-month period, you will be trained to become a fully Qualified Food Production Chef.More about the role:
Alongside your day-to-day duties, you will complete the Food Production & Cooking Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification, and the primary objective of the Production Chef is to work with centrally-developed, standardised recipes and menus to produce food, often in high volumes. You will learn 'in-unit' and you will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place of work every 6-10 weeks. You will also attend around 6 workshops, including an Introduction Day at a location outside your normal place of work. All travel expenses will be covered by your employer. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.Who you are:
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Good time-keeping and reliability
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Have a can-do attitude
- Commitment to learn and to the apprenticeship
As an apprentice Production Chef, you will be based in a busy kitchen at Swansea University. You will be responsible for preparing and serving the kind of food that truly brightens our clients' and customers' days, all within the UK's market-leading food service company.
Tasks could include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Listening and acting on customer feedback to consistently improve our food services
- Supporting with the creation of new menus and creative food concepts
- Monitoring inventories to keep our kitchens well-stocked
- Take in deliveries and store correctly
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Complying with Food Handling, Hygiene and Health and Safety regulations
There is no supervision of other staff.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert