Apprentice Chef De Partie - Wimbledon
- Compass Group UK
- London, Greater London
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Chef de Partie, Cook
- Job Type
- Full Time
What we'll give:
APPRENTICE CHEF DE PARTIE
SALARY: 25,000.00 per annum
LOCATION: The All England Lawn Tennis Club, Church Road, Wimbledon. SW19 5AE
REPORTING TO: Head Pastry Chef
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 40 hours per week working 5 days out of 7. Earliest start time 07:00 and latest finish time 22:00 working an 8-hour shift within this timescale.
DURATION: Minimum 18 months
Do you have a real passion for cooking and would love a career as a Chef? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Chef de Partie to join our team in at the All England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon.
You do not need to have any experience at this level as full training will be provided as part of the apprenticeship. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over an 18-month period you will be trained to become a fully Qualified Chef de Partie.More about the role:
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.
Alongside your day-to-day duties, you will complete the Chef de Partie Level 3 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification and the primary objective of the Chef de Partie is to support all the chefs in the kitchen and to supervise and mentor the more junior chefs. You will either be attending college 1 day per week or you will learn 'in-unit'. You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You will also attend 6 workshops including an Introduction Day at a location outside your normal place of work. All travel expenses will be covered by your employer. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.Who you are:
- An innovative and creative individual
- Great customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
- Communication and relationship building skills
- Good listening skills
- Passionate about food
- Not afraid to positively challenge
- A strong interest to have a career in cooking
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work well with others
- Commitment to learn and to the apprenticeship
As an apprentice Chef de Partie you will be based in one of our busy kitchen at the All England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon.
Tasks and responsibilities could include, but not limited to the following:
- To have basic pastry knowledge with a genuine interest in learning and developing your skills.
- To maintain a clean and tidy kitchen and adhering to all health and safety requirements.
- To ensure you have a comprehensive understanding of the full menu offering.
- To assist with the preparation of dishes; ensuring your work is always delivered to the highest standard.
- To demonstrate a positive and proactive approach to work.
- To be responsible for completing your mis en place.
- Ensure that the highest standards are maintained in the preparation of food
- Ensure that the kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy
- Maintain a positive relationship with the kitchen and front of house team
- To carry out the directions of more senior members of the kitchen brigade
- To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures
- To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up during busy periods
- To maintain minimal waste and correct portion control whilst maintaining appropriate stock levels
- To assist in completion of relevant due diligence, i.e., fridge temps, temperature controls
- To ensure the kitchen and service area are always clean and tidy
- To be Prepared to help rest of team in a willing and positive manner
- To Be friendly, pleasant and polite to work colleagues
- To possess good people skills, the ability to work well in a team
- To deal with customer requests promptly, politely and in a professional manor
- To take responsibility of your given section
There will be supervision responsibility of other staff in this role.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert