Apprentice Commis Chef - Dartmouth
- Compass Group UK
- Dartmouth, Devon
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Chef de Partie, Cook
- Job Type
- Full Time
What we'll give:
APPRENTICE COMMIS CHEF
SALARY: 9.50 per hour
LOCATION: Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth. TQ 6 0HJ
REPORTING TO: Head Chef
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 35 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7. The earliest start would be 06:00 and the latest finish would be 18:00, working a 7-hour shift in between.
DURATION: Minimum 12-15 months
Do you have a real passion for cooking and would love a career as a Chef? Would you like to earn whilst you learn? Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Commis Chef to join our team at Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth.
You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over a 12-15-month period you will be trained to become a fully Qualified Commis Chef.More about the role:
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.
Alongside your day-to-day duties, you will complete the Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification, and the primary objective of the Commis Chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. You will either be attending college 1 day per week or you will learn 'in-unit'.You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You will also attend 6 workshops including an Introduction Day at a location outside your normal place of work. All travel expenses will be covered by your employer. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.
Who you are:
- Basic knowledge of food and cooking.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- The ability to follow instruction and work on your own initiative.
- Basic Food Hygiene and Basic Health and Safety Certificate.
- An innovative and creative individual
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
- Good listening skills
- Passionate about food
- A strong interest to have a career in cooking
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Commitment to learn and to the apprenticeship
Based in one of our busy kitchens at Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth, the role would be to assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food to the required standards and portion specifications in accordance with food safety procedures in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.
Tasks could include, but not limited to:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes to the required standards and portion specifications
- Ensure food is recovered and stored correctly to minimise waste
- Assist with the processing of food orders
- Maintain the cleanliness of all kitchens and surrounding working areas
- Ensure the correct use of all machinery and equipment
- Perform other general tasks to support effective food service delivery as reasonably requested
- Assist with the receipt and storage of deliveries
- Provide an excellent service at all times
- Ensure all customer feedback/comments are acted on promptly
- Actively seek to further knowledge and skills and improve personal performance
- Ensure cleanliness and neatness of work
- Adhere to Health, Safety and Hygiene regulations and legislation
- To come to work regularly and on time
There is no supervision of other staff.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert