Apprentice Hospitality Team Member - Dartmouth
- Compass Group UK
- Dartmouth, Devon
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Kitchen Porter, Kitchen Staff, Pot Washer
- Job Type
- Full Time
What we'll give:
APPRENTICE HOSPITALITY TEAM MEMBER
SALARY: 9.50 per hour
LOCATION: Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth. TQ6 0HJ
REPORTING TO: Supervisor
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 35 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7. The earliest start would be 06:00 and the latest finish would be 18:00, working a 7-hour shift in between.
DURATION: Minimum 12 months
Do you have a real passion for working in the Hospitality Industry? Would you like to have a varied role that enables you to develop your customer service and catering skills? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Hospitality Team Member to join our team at Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth.
You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over a 12-15 month period you will be trained to become a fully Qualified Hospitality Team Member.More about the role:
Alongside your day-to-day duties, you will complete the Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification and the primary objective of the Hospitality Team Member is to learn and understand how to carry out fantastic 'hospitality' skills and knowledge such as recognising customer needs, knowing how to match them to the products and services of the business to ensure they feel welcomed and looked after. You will either attend college 1 day each week or will do your learning on site. You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.Who you are:
- An innovative and creative individual
- Great customer service skills
- Passionate to excel in Customer Service
- Organised and able to multitask
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
- Communication and relationship building skills in a front-facing role
- Good listening skills
- Passionate about food and customer service
- Not afraid to positively challenge
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Good time management
- Able to work well with others
- Commitment to learn and to the apprenticeship
- Ability to have a 2-way conversation around personal development
As an apprentice Hospitality Team Member you will be based within the team at Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth. You will be working across multiple departments (Kitchen Assistant, Cleaning, Mess Front of House & Retail Caf & Bar) on site gaining an understanding of each role as within your Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship.
As a Hospitality Team Member with ESS you are the face of the company for our MOD customers, each day you will ensure their expectations are met when they use our facilities. This ranges from day to day cleaning to serving the meals on a VVIP visit and everything in between. As your training progresses this open further opportunity to progress to Supervisor/ Asst Mgr and beyond on a Compass Career Pathway.
Tasks could include, but not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service whilst taking orders, serving meals and drinks
- Supporting both the kitchen and front of house/ food service areas
- Assisting with basic food preparation
- Setting up the food service areas and laying the table
- Required to clean and tidy the kitchen and front of house areas
- Taking instructions from your supervisor and Chef
- Working in a safe manner at all times
- Completing kitchen documentation as required
- Loading and unloading stock
- Keeping the work area clean and tidy
- Working to Food Hygiene and safety recommendations
There is no supervision of other staff.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert