Apprentice Commis Chef - Feltham
- Compass Group UK
- Feltham, Greater London
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Chef de Partie, Cook
- Job Type
- Full Time
What we'll give:
APPRENTICE COMMIS CHEF
SALARY: 22,568 per annum
LOCATION: Compass Group UK & Ireland, Payne & Gunter, Copper Pan Kitchen, Mercury Centre, North Feltham Trading Estate, Feltham. TW14 0RN
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
DURATION: Minimum 12 months
Do you have a real passion for cooking and would love a career as a Chef? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Commis Chef to join our team Payne & Gunter, Copper Pan Kitchen.
You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over a 12 month period you will be trained to become a fully Qualified Commis Chef.More about the role:
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification and the primary objective of the Commis Chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You will also attend 6 workshops including an Introduction day at a location outside your normal place of work. All travel expenses will be covered by your employer. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.Who you are:
- An innovative and creative individual
- Great customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
- Communication and relationship building skills
- Good listening skills
- Passionate about food
- Not afraid to positively challenge
- A strong interest to have a career in cooking
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work well with others
- Commitment to learn and to the apprenticeship
Based in one of our busy kitchens in Feltham, tasks could include, but not limited to:
- To prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Sous / Head Chef.
- To assist with stock taking when required.
- To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
- To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
- Assist with stock, deliveries and waste management, checking and recording in line with company policy's.
- To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
- To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of the Head Chef and attend training courses as identified.
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
There is no supervision of other staff.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert