Apprentice Commis Chef - Harrogate
- Compass Group UK
- Harrogate, North Yorkshire
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Chef de Partie, Cook
- Job Type
- Full Time
What we'll give:
APPRENTICE COMMIS CHEF
SALARY: 9.50 per hour
LOCATION: Compass Group UK & Ireland, Harrogate, Yorkshire. HG3 2SE
REPORTING TO: Darren Cook
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 37.5 hours per week (5 out of 7 days)
DURATION: Minimum 12 months
Do you have a real passion for cooking and would love a career as a Chef? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Commis Chef to join our team at Compass Group UK & Ireland, Harrogate.
You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over a 12-15 month period you will be trained to become a fully Qualified Commis Chef.More about the role:
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification and the primary objective of the Commis Chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You will also attend 6 workshops including an Introduction day at a location outside your normal place of work. All travel expenses will be covered by your employer. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to completeWho you are:
- An innovative and creative individual
- Great customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Passionate about food
- A strong interest to have a career in cooking
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work well with others
Based in our busy kitchen at our site in Harrogate, duties would be varied. You will assist the other chefs whilst working in a team producing good quality food. Duties and responsibilities will include:
Tasks could include, but not limited to,
- the preparation of food
- cooking by following recipes
- assembly of dishes
- moving stock
- compliance and completion of H&S legislation
- catering for staff daily
There is no supervision of other staff.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert