Sous Chef (Weekly pay) - Enfield
- McMullens & Sons
- Enfield, Greater London
- Up to 12.50 per hour dependent on experience
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Sous Chef
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time
If your ambition is to build a career in a long established, successful family run business, where guests come first and quality is paramount, come and join us as a Sous Chef. We're independent, so believe in investing in the future and we love home-grown talent. We treat all our people like part of the family - you'll be respected, trained, coached and encouraged to grow in confidence, to achieve more than you thought you were capable of.
So, if you're as passionate as we are about great pubs and would enjoy helping to create a warm welcoming atmosphere in a busy pub offering classic pub dishes and local events then you could be our next Sous Chef at our Classic Pubs concept, an important part of the McMullen Family. We can offer you...
- A competitive salary
- An achievable bonus scheme
- Great live in accommodation - if required
- A share of gratuities
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development through McMullen's GROW Programme if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who treat people as a name, not a number
- Full chef uniform
Key Responsibilities of a Sous Chef
- Delivering the food concept to company standard and exceeding guest expectations
- All aspects of food stock control including ordering, deliveries, stock taking and control of wastage
- Supporting the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen and deputising in their absence
- Training and developing the kitchen team so that they can reach their potential
- All aspects of Food Safety and Health & Safety compliance in accordance with the law and company policy
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential. You must be keen to develop, willing to take on responsibility and remain calm under pressure.
McMullen’s are a family-owned pub company and brewery, based in Hertford with pubs across the southeast. There is nothing we love better than seeing our team progress – people are genuinely at the heart of what we do, and we take great pride in our pubs, meaning they get the investment they need. We’ll also invest in you and your future with us – whether you are a budding chef, a bar team member, or a manager looking for their next move, you can rely on Macs to look after your career development and get you where you want to be.
- McMullens & Sons
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert