Leisure Attendant - Chorley, Lancashire
- Chorley Council
- Chorley, Lancashire
- £11.53 per hour plus excellent benefits
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Sports jobs, Leisure Assistant, Recreation Assistant, Lifeguard
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time
Job Title: Leisure Attendant
Location: Chorley Leisure Venues
Salary: Grade 3
Hours: Full & Part Time Positions Available
Closing Date: 14th April 2023
Chorley Leisure are seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who have a passion for sport and leisure to join the team at West Way Sports Hub. The newest addition to the Chorley Leisure contract, West Way Sports Hub is a £2.7m complex and home to a full size 3G pitch, compact athletics track and sports pavilion.
This is a great opportunity to support the delivery of community leisure to residents in the Chorley Borough .
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Leisure Attendants at West Way are responsible for the day to day running of the sports complex, with duties including:
- Customer service including managing bookings and enquiries
- Supporting the maintenance of the grounds pitch and athletics facilities
- Liaising with hire partners, members of the public and contractors on site
- Managing day to financial responsibilities such as taking payments and till reconciliation
- Supporting the Senior Duty Manager in completing day to day health and safety and monitoring checks
- Providing a hot drink and snack food and beverage offering to centre users and spectators
- Opportunities to contribute to the venues programing and service delivery through innovative activity ideas and the creation of new partner arrangements
Who we’re looking for
As the role requires some lone working candidates must be self-motivated and able to work independently to maintain high levels of Safety, Service and Standards. You will be experienced in working in a customer facing environment and have excellent customer service and problem-solving skills. You will have a pro-active attitude to health and safety and be comfortable in working with members of the public – we are looking for confident and positive additions to our team!
Members of the West Way team should contribute to the continued growth of provision at the venue by supporting the commercial team to introduce new activities and bookings through contributing out of the box ideas and excellent collaboration skills.
There is the opportunity for candidates with existing coaching qualifications to deliver regular activities as part of the West Way timetable, but having coaching qualifications is not an essential requirement.
Working for us
Chorley Council is dedicated to providing first-class services and promoting the well-being of the local community. Our staff are our greatest resource, at the heart of everything we do, and are crucial to the delivery of excellent services for our residents. At Chorley Council, we’re always striving to make our borough the best to live, work and visit.
This role requires a DBS check.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Rachael Martin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are advised to apply early. We reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applications are received.
We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to the elimination of unfair and unlawful discrimination and prejudice in all our policies, procedures, and practices.
We’re committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and accessible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are disabled or your last employer was the armed forces, and you meet all the essential criteria of a post, you will be guaranteed an interview.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert