Sous Chef - Earley
- Street, Somerset
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Sous Chef
- Job Type
For almost 20 years, for every client, in every location, whether that's an office, stadium, cathedral or university, we have created beautiful spaces, exciting menus and friendly teams, so that each and every customer, and guest can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We can't do this alone; we need the brightest and the best to join us in our mission to revolutionise the hospitality industry. No bland, boring experiences here, just tastemakers and gamechangers creating legacies and having fun.
Our drive and belief in people, means that we always strive to supercharge our team's careers. 'Better' is a daily habit that sits deep within our DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with us. Come join the revolution!
WHAT WILL KEEP YOU BUSY:
- Assist the Head Chef in the kitchen operation
- Look at the development and planning of menus, including future food trends
- Develop new styles of service and concepts in the location
- Compile all food orders for your sections, ensuring food standards and cost are agreed with the Head Chef
- Ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Display a real passion for food
- Previous experience within a demanding kitchen at the relevant level
- Team player with the ability to manage the team when Head Chef is absent
- Ability to manage costs, negotiate and build relationships with suppliers
- Compliant from both a Food Hygiene and Food Safety perspective
- Relevant qualifications
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free meals on shift
- Bespoke development training
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays & cinema
We want to fuel your individuality, which is why we are deeply committed to creating an inclusive working culture at BaxterStorey.
Ready to be fuelled? Apply today.
Find out more about us at our website.
BaxterStorey offers a wide range of contract catering services to business and industry.
As the UK’s leading independent contract caterer we offer a personal service that focuses on fresh food.
We tailor our services to each client’s individual needs and ensure that we provide the people to deliver the exceptional.
Following our newly gained contract with British Airways, we are keen to hear from talented and ambitious individuals. Our objective is to ensure the food and service at airport lounges are of an impeccable standard, every time.
You will be working in a fantastic environment at Heathrow airport where the focus is quality, quality and even more quality.
There are exciting opportunities ranging from Management positions to Chefs, and lounge hosts amongst others.
Excellent presentation, communication and man management skills are required for senior positions, and all will require individuals to demonstrate a real passion for food and service with bags of enthusiasm.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert