Luggage Porter/Car Jockey
- Splendid Hospitality
- York, North Yorkshire
- £10.00 - £10.
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Hotel jobs, Hotel Porter
- Job Type
The Grand is York’s only five-star hotel, built in 1906 and standing proudly as a hotel since 2010, we are a beacon of hospitality excellence. We are honoured to hold the highly commendable industry accolade of the 2022 Catey, Hotel of the Year. Located within York’s city walls and with views of York Minster, the hotel holds an enviable and proud position in the city and local community. Once the famed Headquarters of the North-eastern Railway Company, our magnificent building is bursting with original features and all the grandeur of its former life as the “Palace of Business” - making it a truly beautiful and inspiring place to work and grow.
Along with our 207 guest bedrooms, we boast an award-winning rosette restaurant, The Rise and hold the Conde Naste 2022 award for Best Afternoon Tea. We recently opened our new fine dining restaurant, Legacy, which provides the opportunity to elevate our dining offering and become leaders in the York food scene. We have a state-of-the-art Cookery School, are home to an atmospheric Spa, stunning Meeting and Event spaces and an In-Room Dining offering. Each day is unique and memorable at The Grand and we live to create special memories for our guests and our team.
Our vision is to be the UK’s most loved hotel. We pride ourselves on our lived values. We place emphasis on driving for results in all areas of the business, quality in everything we do and care for our Grand family members, guests and the environment.
We are looking for a dedicated baggage porter to take responsibility for making our guests feel at home. The baggage porter will show guests to their rooms and ensure that the rooms have been prepared correctly and that all utilities are working.
Candidates for this position should be attention to detail-oriented and friendly. Baggage porters should be well acquainted with the cities they work in, have a professional demeanor, and be client-oriented.
• park guests' cars
• help guests who are arriving with the luggage.
• keep the reception area/lobby clean and tidy
• Meeting and greeting guests at the entrance to the hotel.
• Assisting with the offloading and carrying of baggage from the car to the check-in counter.
• Showing guests to their rooms after check-in and showing them how to use all the utilities in the rooms.
• Arranging taxis or other transport for guests.
• Running errands for guests within the hotel.
• Providing information on tourist attractions and other places of interest to guests on request.
• Ensuring that the lobby of the hotel is neat and tidy throughout the day.
• Assisting guests to check-out at the end of their stay and carrying baggage to the transport.
• Great knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
• Willingness to assist with tasks outside of the job description.
• Courteous and well-mannered.
• Ability to work and communicate well with others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert