Conference & Banqueting Associate - Bournemouth
- Marriott Hotels - South West & Wales
- Bournemouth, Dorset
- Competitive hourly rates of pay, leisure facilities membership, free meals whilst on duty & a global Marriott discount program
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
Job Number 23050467
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, 105 St. Michael's Road, Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
Marriott are committed to a better Work Life Balance and overall Wellbeing at Work. You will be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- World class Learning and Development Courses and Apprenticeships
- Taskforce Opportunities
- Recognition Scheme
- Employee Wellbeing programme
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Associate Benefits Website
- Meals on duty, free car parking and use of fitness suite
The impact you'll make
Reporting to the banqueting manager, you will enjoy working with a well-synchronised service team, prepared to do whatever it takes to pull off a flawless event. When the guests arrive, they will be pleased to find your polished appearance and dedication to exceptional service that delights in the details. You will feel a sense of accomplishment knowing that you've impressed each guest with personalised attention. You'll be making memories for weddings, conferences, meetings and other events.
What you'll be doing
- Follow Brand Standards in all aspects of the job role
- Prepare coffee breaks, carts and stations with appropriate food and beverages
- Prepare tables, action stations, buffets, service carts, dessert tables/carts and cordial carts.
- Respond to and try to fulfil any special banquet event arrangements
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
- Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation
- Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests
- Ensure courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organisation of assigned station and service areas
What we're looking for
- Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Pro-active and reliable
- Previous customer service experience, is desirable, however, full training will be provided
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
You're a customer service enthusiast who really enjoys making others feel at home. When you work with us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we'll make sure you feel right at home.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Apply for Conference & Banqueting Associate - Bournemouth
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert