Reception Manager - Portsmouth
- Marriott Hotels - South West & Wales
- Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Competitive hourly rates of pay, leisure facilities membership, free meals whilst on duty & a global Marriott discount program
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Financial & Support jobs, Payroll
- Job Type
- Full Time
Job Number 23050667
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, Southampton Road, Portsmouth, HAMPSHIRE, United Kingdom
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Portsmouth Marriott Hotel is looking for a Reception Manager to join our fantastic Front Desk team on Maternity Cover for 12 months.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Reception Manager wanting to assist in ensuring all our guests have a wonderful stay at the world leading hospitality company Portsmouth Marriott Hotel. Located near famous landmarks such as the Spinnaker Tower has a range of amenities including: Cast Iron Bar & Grill, our signature restaurant and fitness centre.
The Portsmouth Marriott Hotel provides exceptional, personal, and friendly service whilst catering to a variety of guests.
At Portsmouth Marriott there is the opportunity to progress your career in a supportive environment!
As the Reception Manager you will...
- Manage day to day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the hotel customers on a daily basis
- Helps develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work.
- Handling guest issues and resolve conflicts and grievances.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, supporting the team to reach common goals
- Assist FOM in all areas to ensure a correct and smoothly-operating department.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees and guests.
- Assist with hiring and coaching staff
- Serve as a role model in all areas, promoting uniform standards and good practice
- Preparation of letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- The entry and retrieval of information contained in computer databases and the use of a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservations.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including date stamping and distributing incoming mail.
- Maintain computer and paper-based filing and organisation systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language including appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Assist in HR activity including screening candidates, interviewing, assisting in payroll activity.
- Ordering and ensuring stock levels are maintained.
A successful Reception Manager is someone who is...
- A warm, people-oriented demeanour
- A team-first attitude
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills and multi-tasking ability
- Knowledge of Opera is preferred but not essential
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours
- Ensures exceptional customer service
- Proactively meets the needs of the hotel customers
In return for your hard work, the Reception Manager will receive...
- Discounted stays at over 7,300 hotels worldwide!
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- 20 Holiday days, increasing with length of service
- Double pay for bank holidays
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service
- World class training and development
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Staff parties
- Free meal on shift
- Free car parking
- Service awards and recognition gifts
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Apply for Reception Manager - Portsmouth
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert