Senior Sous Chef - Derbyshire
- Delta Hotels By Marriott – Country Clubs & North West Cluster
- Derby, Derbyshire
- Competitive rates of pay, leisure facilities membership, free meals whilst on duty & a global Marriott discount program
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Sous Chef
- Job Type
- Full Time
Additional Information 750 Joining Bonus*
Job Number 23049473
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Delta Hotels Breadsall Priory Country Club, Moor Road, Derby, England, United Kingdom
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Sous Chef to help lead the team at Delta Hotels by Marriott Breadsall Priory Country Club.
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott International journey in our Culinary team at this hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities.
Delta Hotels by Marriott Breadsall Priory Country Club is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the Derby.
Facilities of Breadsall Priory include our Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with multiple treatment rooms, hairdressers and a fully equipped fitness centre.
As Senior Sous Chef you will support the Executive Chef and oversee the kitchen operation from bar, restaurant, banqueting and room service, your culinary team will believe in perfection, simplicity and creativity. This is a hands on role where you will lead from the front to ensure the highest quality food is delivered whilst training and developing the team.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Drive the quality of food in all areas through taste, presentation and the team development
- Work to given budgets and controls in payroll, food cost and consumables
- Evaluate guest satisfaction, recognise success and action plan for continuous improvement
- Ensure a close working relationship with Sales, Event Operations, Bar and Restaurant, support with client showr ounds, sales events and meetings
- Deliver one of a kind seamless and memorable events ensuring all of the guests requests are actioned and delivered
- Ensure compliance with food safety standards and ensure that the team understand the importance of this and are adhering to this on a daily basis
- Support, train and develop the culinary team into our future senior chef's
- Support local culinary college students to promote the industry, offer work opportunities and share your culinary journey
- Keep up to date with industry trends and innovation to deliver these within the hotel
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
Our Ideal Candidate:
You will have a proven track record in a similar role within a hotel environment, you will be a passionate chef with a warm people centred demeanour, a gift for paying attention to the smallest details and a positive outlook and outgoing personality. You will be an advocate for developing our future Chef's.
Perks you deserve:
We'll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Free Access to the Leisure facilities, because your wellbeing is important
- Discounted rounds of golf and use of the driving range
- Free meals at work
- Free uniform & dry-cleaning service
- Free enrolment of Perks at Work - Access to unlimited deals from retailers to restaurants to cinema's and more
- Marriott Discount Card enabling benefits from hotel room discounts for you and friends and family, gift shops and F&B across 130 countries
- 23 days holiday increasing with service
- Annual Performance Review pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- Comprehensive Training and Development program
- Company Pension scheme, we match your contributions up to 6%
- Private Medical Cover
The role offer an annual salary of 34,000 to 36,000 as well as an annual bonus allowing you to earn up to 20% of your annual salary.
Accommodation is also available with this role.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please contact Victoria Nash, HR Manager via email at Victoria.email@example.com to discuss the role further and share your CV or apply online.
* 750 joining bonus payable after sucessful completion of probationary period.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability, age and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you'll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World at Delta Hotels.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert