Sous Chef - Live in available - Wheatsheaf
- Hall & Woodhouse Ltd
- £12.50 - £13.20 per hour plus tips, plus live in accommodation
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
Live in available + Tips + 70% off meals + Consistent hours - great place to work...
Wonderful Wheatsheaf - Near Salisbury
Part of the Hall & Woodhouse family of superb destination food pubs, and nestled in the Woodford Valley between Salisbury and Stonehenge, the Wheatsheaf is the epitome of a traditional English country pub. Ideal for walkers, the pub is only two miles from the original Salisbury Cathedral. Starting life as a modest valley farm house in the mid 1600’s, the original building has been extended at least five times and now boasts roaring log fires and oak beams, ideal for those long winter evenings, as well as a beautiful garden, which comes into its own during the summer.
We are boosting our kitchen leadership team and have an opening for an experienced senior chef.
Your rewards as a Sous chef in our team:
- A sensible work life balance with 5 days working, consistent hours and excellent conditions
- Pay of £12.50 per hour, rising to £13.20 from 1st April 2023
- Pay further boosted by a share of tips
- 70% off meals on duty, free chef uniform and kitchen shoes
- Extra rewards for outstanding performance
- A full package of lifestyle benefits
- Training and development with a clear path to Head Chef within H&W
- Accommodation at a cost of £60.90 pw if required (subject to availability)
- A warm and friendly welcome and all the support you need to succeed
Apply if you are:
- A highly organized Chef with supervisory experience in high end standard fayre
- Able to run service, deputizing for Head Chef when required
- Skilled in a range of cooking techniques with a broad food knowledge
- Able to work to precise specifications for cooking and presentation, without deviation
- Competent in all aspects of kitchen administration
- Able to lead, inspire and support the team's development
- A chef that enjoys the buzz of a busy service, and who cares about your craft
- Able to follow and enforce food safety and hygiene standards
- Career minded and looking for long term job security
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
Previous experience as a chef in a similar role with supervisory responsibility and the ability to work as part of a team in a high paced and exciting kitchen is required. If that's you apply today!
second, supervisor, kitchen manager, chef de partie, CDP
Join the Hall & Woodhouse family - a great place to work
Hall & Woodhouse is the Dorset based brewer of Badger beers and Forum lager that owns and operates high end pub restaurants and small hotels throughout the south of England from Devon to Kent. Established in 1777 Hall & Woodhouse is a family owned company that blends the best traditional values with an inclusive and progressive approach to business.
- Hall & Woodhouse Ltd
- 01258 452141
Blandford St Mary
Apply for Sous Chef - Live in available - Wheatsheaf
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert