Category Planner - Leeds
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Sales & Marketing jobs, Marketing
- Job Type
- Full Time
Are you passionate about delivering a great customer experience?
As a Customer Planner in Core Grocery, you will support in the execution of the commercial strategy in one of the most integral and fast paced categories in the business. Through partnering with our traders, suppliers and working with our corporate marketing teams, you'll ensure that we understand our customers' needs, and will be instrumental in the development of marketing strategies to meet and exceed these.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a true subject matter expert on the customer journey for your owned categories!
Day to day your role will involve analysis of customer metrics (insight, market data, pricing, trends) to drive the customer activity plan, focused on delivering impactful promotions, range change, NPD and seasonal activity aligned to corporate priorities. You will also be responsible for delivering against P&L targets and generating revenue through media plans built collaboratively and strategically with the supplier base
You work cross-functionally with Supplier, Commercial, Customer, our internal Media Agency and Retail teams to deliver customer activation in store and online and deliver customer facing activity across all channels to critical path. You are passionate about customers and turn insights into long and short term plans, to drive category growth and market share (category management). You work with the Customer team to develop category and business propositions that impact range, customer offer, the promotional plan and support market share
- Strong customer focus and commercial awareness
- Effective communicate with ability to network and build/ influence relationships internally and externally
- Ability to priorities, plan and organise a high volume of work
- Thrive in a fast paced retail environment
- Training will be provided but experience utilising customer data tools would be welcomed
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert