Reception and Customer Service (Placemaker)
- Places Leisure
- Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, England
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Fitness jobs, Leisure Centre Receptionist
- Job Type
- Full Time
We are Places Leisure, a Real Living Wage Employer, we run leisure sites across the UK to help people stay active and live their best lives.
We want you to join the Places for People Group and the 11,000 other colleagues on our journey; colleagues who have helped to build, manage, maintain places that people are proud to call home and stay active in. How do we do all this? We surround ourselves with customer focussed people. Our people live and breathe our SPIRIT values; we are the place for spirited people.
More About the Role:
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Customer Service, Retention and Sales colleague, (internally known as a Placemaker) at Places Leisure, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best. You will be highly organised and thrive on delivering excellent customer service whilst promoting a helpful and welcoming environment that offers a positive first impression to all prospective and existing members as well as supporting 23 sites in the Area .
Previous experience in a sales and customer service environment would be beneficial, however, if you are a naturally proactive and self-motivated individual, then with our continuous learning and development opportunities, we would be happy to support you with the training and tools to succeed in this role and beyond.
There are many opportunities available for you within Places Leisure. Your career with us as a Customer Service and Retention Advisor is a great first step to many different routes including a Placemaker Assistant Manager and Placemaker Manager.
In the Placemaker role, we will offer ongoing training and development opportunities, including Customer Service and Sales learning through our training partners, regular webinars and seminars to develop sales performance as well as opportunities to develop cross skills in lifeguarding, swimming teaching & more.
More About You:
- You will have the inherent ability to create personable and meaningful relationships with customers in a unique and relevant way.
- You will be able to multi-task and manage daily operational tasks with strong execution and confidence.
- Be an advocate for the benefits of physical activity and contribute to our mission of creating active places and healthy people.
- You will have the ability to use sales tools and techniques documented by Places Leisure membership management.
- Sales and retention focused and target driven individual.
- You will have a passion for delivering first class customer service and deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner whilst going above and beyond to deliver the highest level of standards.
We are a large, diverse and ambitious business, which will give you all the challenge you could wish for.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package with each role, yours will include:
- We align with the Real Living Wage foundation
- Full Health & Fitness membership for you, a nominated adult and up to 4 juniors
- Flexible working (full time shift work and more)
- An opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Lots of opportunity to access ongoing personal learning and development
- Access to our Company Pension scheme
- Cashback plan for healthcare costs – up to £500 saving per year
- Discounts of up to 50% on activities, centre shop and cafes
- Extra perks including huge discounts and offers from shops, cinemas and much more.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert