Head Chef - Cambridge
- McMullens & Sons
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Up to 33K a year, depending on experience
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Head Chef, Kitchen Staff
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time
If your ambition is to build a career in a long established, successful family run business, where guests come first and quality is paramount, come and join us as a Head Chef. We're independent, so believe in investing in the future and we love home-grown talent. We treat all our people like part of the family - you'll be respected, trained, coached and encouraged to grow in confidence, to achieve more than you thought you were capable of.
So, if you're as passionate as we are about beer and food, love people, enjoy making their day and thrive in a busy environment that's the hub of the community then you could be our next Kitchen Manager. We can offer you...
- A competitive salary
- An achievable bonus scheme
- A share of gratuities
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development through McMullen's GROW Programme if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who treat people as a name, not a number
- Full chef uniform
The ideal Head Chef will have the following
- The ability to cook and present dishes, in line with specification, in a busy environment.
- The capability to deliver food GP% to budget.
- Experience in stocktaking and management of stock control.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary standards of personal hygiene and presentation.
- The ability to recruit, train and coach junior team members.
- A strong understanding of food health and safety.
Previous experience of working as a Head Chef / Kitchen Manager within a busy kitchen is essential. You must be keen to develop, willing to take on responsibility and remain calm under pressure.
McMullen’s are a family-owned pub company and brewery, based in Hertford with pubs across the southeast. There is nothing we love better than seeing our team progress – people are genuinely at the heart of what we do, and we take great pride in our pubs, meaning they get the investment they need. We’ll also invest in you and your future with us – whether you are a budding chef, a bar team member, or a manager looking for their next move, you can rely on Macs to look after your career development and get you where you want to be.
- McMullens & Sons
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert