Sous Chef - The Portland Hospital
- HCA Healthcare
- Portland, Dorset
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Sous Chef
- Job Type
- Full Time
Role: Sous Chef
Location: The Portland Hospital
Shifts: Flexible shift patterns to suit you, between Monday and Sunday, 6:30am to 10pm
Hours: Full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Salary: 27,844 to 30,938 + excellent benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits package plus career development)
Thrive in a kitchen where every meal matters more.
Forget any preconceptions you might have about hospital food. The food you create for us - all made from fresh ingredients and prepared on site - will be every bit as eye-opening and enticing as meals served by the best hotels and restaurants. As a Sous Chef, you'll working under the direction of the Head Chef, alongside other chefs and catering staff - but you'll also potentially manage your own section.
So while the buzz of the kitchen might be familiar, the difference is that here the work you do will be a vital part of the total care package we offer, helping as many patients as possible to return to full health quicker. Whether it's high quality nutrition to help them recover, comfort food for when they're feeling vulnerable, or something that looks and tastes amazing to take their minds off their worries - you'll have a huge impact on patient care.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a special kind of person to join us - someone who is excited to learn and develop new skills. Someone who is enthusiastic with lots of energy, bringing new and creative ideas to how we do things. As well as this you'll:
- have a background in food preparation and cooking, with a strong knowledge of food hygiene principles and commercial experience
- have NVQ level 2 or equivalent in catering, plus Basic qualification in Food Hygiene Level 2 or above
- be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team, with the confidence to run a section smoothly
- be able to adhere at all time to food safety regulations, health and safety, client and company policies
What you'll get in return
In return, you can expect real career progression. We invest in our people, celebrate individuality, and reward and recognise employees who go 'beyond the plate'. As well as a competitive salary, unrivalled career development and shifts that can help you achieve a better work/life balance, you'll also enjoy:
- medical insurance, including critical illness cover, dental insurance and life assurance
- contributory pension
- subsidised Gymflex membership
- GP health assessment, plus private face to face and digital GP services
- the option to buy or sell holidays
- access to Portland Maternity Services
Plus a host of other perks and benefits, including travel Insurance, season ticket loans, the cycle to work scheme - and even free Taste and Gourmet Society cards.
About HCA Healthcare UK
HCA Healthcare the world's largest private hospital group. In the UK, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities in London, Birmingham and Manchester. It's not only our clinical care that's exceptional, however. We also deliver outstanding food that's both nutritious and delicious to our patients, as well as our hardworking colleagues too.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert