ITG Platform Engineering Manager - 1 London Bridge
- HCA Healthcare
- London, Greater London
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
Platform Engineering Manager
Location: this is a hybrid role based in central London (our offices are on the river!) and remote
Why join HCA's ITG team:
HCA Healthcare UK's Information Technology Group (ITG) is a Group IT function, developing and managing all aspects of healthcare IT across our portfolio of hospitals, clinics, outpatient centres, laboratories, and other associated businesses.
Our colleagues are dedicated to HCA Healthcare's mission of continuously providing high quality and compassionate patient-centred healthcare. The ITG team are a vibrant, innovative, mission focused team who have a strong focus and commitment of maintaining the strong culture we have here. We aim to promote from within (and do so 40%+ of the time!) and therefore harness and invest in the talent we have.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life and how the work we do makes that possible. Come and join us!
About the role:
- Managing the provision of technology-based services to meet defined organisational needs
- Managing the Network and Server Infrastructure team. Understand, set, and assure the team's adherence of any KPIs that indicate team level performance.
- Identifies and manages resources needed for budgeting, estimating, planning, developing, and delivering a specified portfolio of technology services and systems.
- Engages with and influences stakeholders to ensure that services are developed and managed to meet agreed service levels, security requirements and other quality standards. Plans and manages the implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of technology services.
- Aligns the contribution of specified systems and services to clearly stated organisational and financial goals and performance targets.
- Monitors performance of delivery teams and takes corrective action where necessary and in line with policies.
- Designing communication networks to support strategic and operational requirements and producing network strategies, architectures, policies and related documentation. Providing maintenance and support services for communications networks.
- Deploying, configuring, and operating IT Infrastructure.
- Coordinating responses to incident reports, minimising negative impacts and restoring service as quickly as possible.
- Requires a strong knowledge of supported network and security systems, application transport, and hardware configuration, as well as Data Architecture.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required.
- Strong experience in area of specialization, with experience as a network engineer on an Enterprise Class Network.
- The ability to manage and oversee large projects based on project management experience and competencies
- Experience in large, complex organization or corporate structured environment
- Demonstrated strength in team leadership and direct supervision with strong leadership and management skills
Why join HCA Healthcare UK:
HCA Healthcare is the country's largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year.
From pioneering complex care, urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships. HCA is the only private hospital group able to invest over 500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques and medication.
At HCA we put our patients first and affirm the unique worth of each individual. Exceptional healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert