Senior Occupational Therapist - The Wellington Hospital
- HCA Healthcare
- Wellington, Somerset
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
Job: Senior 2 Occupational Therapist (Rotational, Neuro-Rehab & Acute Wards)
Location: The Wellington Hospital, London
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time at 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: Competitive dependent upon skills and experience. This position is equivalent to a NHS band 6.
Other Info: We are able to sponsor VISA's for candidates within the EU and outside the EU.
Reward & recognition: We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
As a Senior 2 Occupational Therapist at the Wellington Hospital you will provide a high-quality Occupational Therapy Service to patients and carry out accurate occupational therapy assessment, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients with diverse clinical presentations (predominantly neurological), and complex physical and psychological needs in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake comprehensive assessments of patients, including those with diverse or complex pathology/presentations using appropriate clinical reasoning skills, observation skills and manual assessment skills to provide an accurate assessment and understanding of their condition
- Formulate and implement an individual occupational therapy treatment program based on specialist knowledge of evidence-based practice and treatment options using clinical assessment, appropriate and accurate clinical reasoning, and knowledge of appropriate treatments
- Maintain accurate and concise treatment records detailing treatment plan and progress. To evaluate patient progress, reassess and progress or alter patient treatment programs within the specified timeframes compliant with The Wellington Hospital care pathways
Skills & Experience
- HCPC Registration
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Significant experience in acute Neurology
- Experience in general medicine and/or orthopaedics, cardiology oncology, ICU & Neuro-surgery
- Experience working within an in-patient setting
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert