Group Health Information Manager - Corporate
- HCA Healthcare
- London, Greater London
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
This is your opportunity to become a vital part of the UK's largest private healthcare provider, specialists in complex care.
Job Title: Group Health Information Manager
Location: Central London / Hybrid Working
Employer: HCA Healthcare UK
Team: Health Information & Analytics
Salary: Competitive with a range of exceptional benefits
Employment package extras: We will look after you with a very attractive salary, private healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension scheme and a vast range of additional rewards. Being part of a large, multisite, and established healthcare group, we can offer career progression, development and support to grow internally, in addition to funded courses.
We have an exception role for you, in the position of Group Health Information Manager
Shifts/Pattern or work: 37.5 (Monday to Friday)
The Impact you will have: As our Group Health Information Manager you will be responsible for delivering HCA Healthcare UK's core health information management function, ensuring the provision of a high-quality service to the business. The post holder will provide overall leadership for a sizeable team working across HCA facilities. You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and support programmes to provide assurances around the integrity of all clinical data and ensure that providers can access accurate and complete health information when and where they need it
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with clinical and medical leadership, operational leadership as well as Revenue Assurance leadership to understand clinical and billing workflows and how our HIM function underpins patient care and billing.
- Work with the SIRO, Data Protection Officer and Director of Governance & Risk, play a key role in identifying and delivering opportunities to improve information risk management, assurance and governance within the framework
- Work closely and proactively with legal, governance, and information governance to ensure that records are managed to ensure accountability, data protection and mitigate records-related litigation risks, regardless of medium or format.
- Maintain oversight of an on-going programme of audits to ensure compliance with Data Protection law and GDPR ensuring the organisation maintains compliance and that information and systems comply with relevant legislation
- Have overall responsibility for the development, use and maintenance of health records across HCA Healthcare UK working with CEO's, CNO's, HOG's, clinical teams and Medical Records Officers at each site to create consistent standards, documentation, policies and processes within the group.
- Develop and lead direct reports to establish a culture of excellent customer service, and coordinate team activities to implement the standards, policies, and processes set out.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships as well as conformance to contracts. Negotiate any relevant vendor software and service contracts, evaluating all expenditures to determine the most appropriate course of action.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has;
- Advanced understanding and extensive knowledge / experience of Information management in a Healthcare setting.
- Experience of managing and leading teams.
- Experience of quality assurance and incident investigation systems and processes
- Experience of developing policies, procedures and guidance and ability to deliver high standards of work delivered within tight deadlines
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Strategic thinker, able to take the lead and work to achieve organisational goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and maintain excellent and dynamic relations with executive management in internal & external organisations
- Ability to develop, monitor, deliver and report on strategic and operational plans in a way that gains the confidence of stake-holders
is at a hugely exciting time for HCA Healthcare UK. We are pioneers in providing healthcare solutions to our patients as part of an established US healthcare organisation built on over 50 years of experience and we continue to deliver on ambitious growth plans. You will be joining an organisation with award-winning recognition for delivering patient care rated as outstanding. Our plans ensure we continue to do so by offering career packages, that elevate potential and ensure that all our colleagues are trained to the highest standards and are part of an exceptional service culture.
If you would like to join HCA Healthcare UK as our Group Health Information Manager and be part of an organisation shaping a healthier tomorrow, we invite you to apply. Our application process is quick and easy, completing a 2-minute questionnaire and upload a cv.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert