Lead Physiologist - The Harley Street Clinic
- HCA Healthcare
- London, Greater London
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
Job - Lead Cardiac Physiologist - Cath Labs/Pacing
Location - Harley Street Clinic - Cardiac Cath Labs
Contract Type - Permanent Contract, full time 37.5hrs
Salary Range - Competitive dependent upon skills and experience.
The Lead Physiologist will provide specialist clinical knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiac physiological investigations and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Cath Lab and Pacing Departments. You will be accountable both to the department manager, and accountable for the staff that rotate through CRM
You will provide administrative support to the department manager. They will lead the cardiac rhythm management service efficiently and effectively, ensuring the smooth running of a quality invasive physiology and pacing service to patients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate highly developed knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiology investigations.
- Perform a wide range complex or advanced procedures on adults, as requested by the clinician in one or all of the following Clinical Physiology fields e.g. Electrophysiology, Cardiac Rhythm Management, Cardiac Catheter Lab intervention and non-invasive Cardiac Physiology.
- Perform relevant procedures at independent practitioner level.
- Initiate registration process ensuring that all relevant patient details are recorded onto patient administration systems and paper records.
- Maintenance of the remote monitoring service including managing subscriptions, schedules, patient transfers, disconnected monitors, missed transmissions, etc.
- Ensure accurate CRM documentation of all procedures performed in both manual and cardiac device databases.
- Process test results and ensure that they are made available to the referrer via the correct route and within department time standards.
- Recognise the sensitivity of the information received and ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Skills and Experience
- Degree educated in Physiology or similar
- Significant post-Graduate experience of working in Cardiac/Cath Lab services
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK - The World's largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert