Mechanical Shift Engineer - The Wellington Hospital
- HCA Healthcare
- Wellington, Somerset
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Hotel jobs, Housekeeping & Maintenance, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Person
- Job Type
- Full Time
This is your opportunity to become a vital part of the UK's largest private healthcare provider, specialists in complex care.
Location: Wellington Main Hospital South
Contract: Permanent & full-time,40 hours per week with 1 week in 4 late shift and I week in 8 on-call, service hours cover vary.
Salary: Competitive , dependent on skills & experience
Employment Package: We will look after you with private healthcare insurance for you and your family, a contributory pension scheme and a vast range of additional rewards. 25 days annual leave and 8 days bank holiday.
Being part of a large, multisite, and established healthcare group, we can offer career progression, development and support to grow your career with us.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Engineer to join The Wellington Hospital. This role is vital in providing a high standard of workmanship maintaining the existing structure and fabric of the building on a daily basis
Duties include but are not limited to:
- To provide a high standard of workmanship maintaining the existing structure and fabric of the building on a daily basis
- To work to a planned preventative maintenance system in accordance with a programme of work as directed by the Estates Manager / Chief Engineers
- To provide an emergency call out service outside normal working hours as part of the estates department shift rota
- To be responsible for all tools, equipment and uniform provided by the company.
- To undertake other duties as may be directed by the Estates Manager / Chief Engineers
Successful candidates will need:
- Training in relevant discipline e.g. City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 Plumbing/ Mechanical or equivalent
- Experience working in 1st and 2nd fix plumbing and general plumbing maintenance
- A good understanding of mechanical systems
- Plumbing Qualifications (C&G or Equivalent to level 2 or level 3)
- Previous experience of working in the building maintenance industry ideally within a hospital
Our application process is quick and easy, completing a 2-minute questionnaire and portal access where you can upload your CV and track your application progress.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert