Maintenance Engineer - The Portland Hospital
- HCA Healthcare
- Portland, Dorset
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Hotel jobs, Housekeeping & Maintenance, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Person
- Job Type
- Full Time
Maintenance / Electrical Shift Engineer
The Portland Hospital
The salary for this role is Competitive salary dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
Working Hours - 08:00-16:30 (10:30-19:00 when on on-call shift = 1 in 5)
Optional over time available
This is a Fixed Term Contract role.
As a Maintenance / Electrical Shift Engineer you will provide a first-class building maintenance service to the hospital and satellite sites, covering reactive, project and scheduled maintenance work.
- To ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times and to adhere
- Carry out PPM's and daily checks of allocated plant area, ensuring the area is well maintained and tidy at all times.
- To work on planned preventive maintenance schedules, in line with departmental goals and objectives
- Maintain accurate records and documentation.
- Respond to, and complete incoming works logged on the internal computerised maintenance management system (Engineering Central) prioritising your workload, responding quickly to emergency maintenance and reactive maintenance as requested.
- Carry out installation works as instructed by Estates Manager.
- To assist in projects as required.
- Ensure all mandatory training is completed and up to date.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience professional multi - skilled mechanical electrical engineer with NVQ Part 2 or City & Guilds Part 2 qualifications
- 2+ years' experience within a Hospital or similar organisation
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety, COSHH
- Lifting and Handling
- General knowledge of Fire regulations
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
If you would like to join HCA Healthcare UK as an Mechanical Shift Engineer and be part of an organisation shaping a healthier tomorrow, we invite you to apply. Our application process is quick and easy, completing a 2-minute questionnaire and a portal access where you can upload your cv and track your application progress.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert