Sales Advisor - Romford, London
- The Big Yellow Self Storage Company
- Romford, London
- £23,211 salary per annum
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Retail jobs, Retail Sales, Retail Customer Service Assistant, Retail Sales Advisor
- Job Type
- Full Time
Sales Advisor - Romford, London
Role: Full Time Sales Advisor / Location: Romford / Salary: £23,211 per annum (OTE £25,532) plus benefits / Hours of work: 40 hours per week - any 5 out of 7 days, working a mixture of early and late shifts covering the stores opening and closing times.
At Big Yellow we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles we may have.
Looking for a career as individual as you are? Where your personality is more important than your CV? Look no further, we’re on the hunt for our next Sales Advisor, to join our Big Yellow family.
Who we are
Big Yellow is the UK’s favourite self storage company.
We don’t sell space here, we’re here to help with life changing situations - whether that’s moving home or welcoming a new family member, we're here to make that transition as easy and stress free as possible.
So, if helping people is your thing, then this is THE job for you.
We don’t want to blow our own trumpet, but we’ve got some great credentials - we’ve been leaders in UK self storage since 1999 and are all over the country with more than 100 stores. We don’t just have scale and credibility, we’re the type of company that is constantly evolving and changing for the better. We’re on a mission to become an even greener business and we’re already seeing some progressive results– from solar power to paperless transactions.
What you’ll be doing
When a customer visits our stores, their experience starts with you. As a Sales Advisor, you’re not just sitting at a till and you’re definitely not moving boxes - you’re helping people through the biggest moments of their lives.
So think of this as a hybrid role: part customer service, part sales and part facilities management. This is a truly unique job and no day is exactly the same.
Here are some of the things you’ll get up to day-to-day:
- With a good understanding of our customers’ needs you’ll help them decide what the best solution is for them
- You’ll maximise sales at every opportunity through promoting our products and services
- You’ll offer the highest quality of customer service in person, via email or phone (you’d be surprised how a cuppa can make a huge difference to someone’s day!)
- Completing daily health and safety walkarounds you’ll help to maintain the general cleanliness of the site
- You’ll carry out general administrative tasks on our database
Who we’re looking for
We’re ripping up the recruitment rulebook and proudly putting personality over CV credentials.
- Friendly, warm and do you enjoy meeting people from different walks of life?
- A great listener with a genuine interest in helping people?
- Able to work well both on your own and as part of a close-knit team?
- Hungry to learn and wanting to expand your skill set?
- Good at managing your time?
What we can give to you
At Big Yellow, we’re big about our people and we make sure we look after them.
Here is just a flavour of some of the perks we offer:
- Quarterly bonuses averaging around 10-12% a year of salary
- 28 days holidays (that includes taking bank holidays into account)
- Plus an additional day off for your birthday
- Great pension and sharesave schemes
- Travel benefits - cycle to work scheme/ free onsite parking and season ticket loans
- Family-friendly policies such as extended maternity pay, shared parental leave and adoption leave
- Nurturing career support such as comprehensive induction training, development programmes, on-line resources, apprenticeships, workshops and days off for volunteering
So if this feels like your cup of tea, click on the shiny button below and give us a try.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert