Food & Beverage Assistant - £14.25 p/h
- Hand Picked Hotels
- KT11 3QB
- 14.25 - 14.25 Per Hour
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Restaurant, Catering & Hospitality jobs, Waiter / Waitress
- Job Type
- Live in
You make it Hand Picked!
Established by Guy and Julia Hands in 1999, Hand Picked hotels has grown organically and through acquisition to become the 5th largest luxury hotel group in the UK – comprising 21 hotels across the UK and Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge.
We are currently recruiting for a Food & Beverage Assistant at Woodlands Park Hotel, Cobham.
Woodlands Park Hotel is a 57 bedroom 4 star hotel with a 2 Rosette restaurant and a brasserie style restaurant.
About the role:
Are you both charming and hardworking in equal measure? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the Hand Picked Hotels Waiting Team, where your talents will be encouraged to shine!
Although taking orders and serving food is of course an important part of the job, this role entails so much more. You are one of the team who will liaise face to face with our guests, which means you can make one of the biggest impressions and have the opportunity to make someone’s day – every day. Whether it’s suggesting the perfect wine to go with Mr. Samael’s fish dish, or remembering that Ms. Porter recently met her first grandchild, building a rapport is an important part of your role.
You will be an attentive person who can spot in seconds when someone is trying to catch your eye for the bill, whether they’re missing a spoon for their dessert, or if they need a high chair before they even need to ask. You’ll also have a big responsibility for maintaining the safety and well being of our guests, from allergy awareness to standards of cleanliness.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, a mixture of day and evening shifts including weekends.
- You'll have previous experience in a similar role
- You’ll be a team player with bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
- You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
- You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
- You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Our Benefits include:
- £14.25 per hour, plus a share of service charge
- Live in accommodation, charged at £60.90 per week, all inclusive of meals and bills
- Company pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
- Life assurance scheme.
- Employee Assistance Program to support you with whatever life throws at you.
- Company Sickness Scheme Benefit.
- 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays, increasing to 33 days including bank holidays with length of service.
- Forward career progression, with access to our In House and external training programs, including apprenticeships and other recognised hospitality industry courses which are all supported by our learning and development team.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast & 25% discount on all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform.
- Opportunity to make lifelong friendships and be part of team that celebrates Diversity and Inclusion.
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
Our vision is to deliver a welcoming country house experience where guests feel special and colleagues feel like family.
Being part of a family is at the heart of Hand Picked Hotels. We create a happy environment through the way we support each other and work together. You make it Hand Picked!
Each hotel is individual in its style and so is each person who works for Hand Picked. You are encouraged to bring the best of your personality to work and to let this shine through in the way you operate as a team and in the service you give to our guests.
Hand Picked Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Committed employer – we welcome applications from all people within all communities.
- Hand Picked Hotels
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert