Catering Manager - Dunstable
- Restaurant Associates
- Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
What we'll give:
This is a fantastic role for a natural inspirational leader to support the development a large team at Whipsnade Zoo. Overseeing the multi-site food offer working alongside the General manager to build and mould the team.
We also offer a fantastic career progression via the Grow at Compass development programmes.More about the role:
As the Catering Manager you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Meet the client's vision and goals across the business
- Hold daily briefings with team to engage them on key messages and encourage discussion
- To ensure a 5* service is always delivered
- Compile rotas in line with budget and business needs, making sure that we are not over or under staffed.
- Action plans are completed following customer feedback/ mystery shopper survey
- Training, develop and upskill the team with focus on our bespoke guest experience programme
- Look at how innovation, including the use of technology can enhance our offer and service.
- Seek opportunities to exceed customer and client expectations and increase the turnover
- Oversee all outlets, including the efficient supervision of the breakfast & lunchtime restaurant service
- Delivery of sales budget
- Look at up-selling opportunities
- Responsibility for the departmental Health & Food Safety legislation
- Day to day management of the ordering process and stock control
- Work alongside chef to ensure implementation of onsite production cycles minimising waste
- Operational experience in a restaurant or catering environment
- A team player and able to support the team in the daily operation as and when required
- The ability to be equally proactive and reactive when required using a business mindset to consider all possible outcomes using business base thought processes
- A basic knowledge of P&L that you want to build upon for your own personal development
- Experience managing multiple outlets
- Eye for detail
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills to both management, team members and customers.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Flexible working hours including weekends, bank holidays
- The ability to thrive and strive in a fast paced, ever changing dynamic environment
At RA Venues, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK's leading cultural and heritage destinations. We celebrate great food and legendary service across our portfolio of clients.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Catering Manager to manage and inspire the customer service team to deliver a seamless and effective customer journey at Whipsnade Zoo.
The Catering department that comprises of 3 daytime restaurants, a coffee shop and a core of pop-up seasonal kiosks. As the Catering Manager you will deliver great service in line within all company policies, procedures and guidelines to exceeds client, customer and Compass objectives in order to drive net growth and improve customer and staff retention.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert