General Manager - Chain Locker, Falmouth
- St Austell Brewery
- £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Restaurant, Catering & Hospitality jobs, General Manager
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Chain Locker sits along Falmouth’s historic quayside. This 16th-century inn is a perfectly placed scenic hub that enjoys all this vibrant town has to offer.
Work overlooking the spectacular natural beauty of the Carrick Roads sailing waters and Falmouth’s harbour. The Chain Locker has golden beaches, tranquil creeks, and the buzz of the town on its doorstep.
We’re looking for a General Manager to take the helm and help us deliver experiences that delight. This exciting role will see you head up the front of the business and work with passionate people in an inspiring part of the world.
- You head up the front of the business, leading a team of passionate team members to deliver experiences that delight.
- You champion the spirit and values of St Austell Brewery, inspiring those around you and setting a glowing example for them to follow.
- Closely monitoring your team’s performance gives you the insight to give praise where it’s due, provide constructive feedback, and nurture talent.
- You oversee all aspects of finance and admin procedures with ease. No detail goes unchecked.
- You’ll establish strong relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- Having a wealth of experience in a similar role means you are able to recognise when team members need help and you’ll support where needed.
- You’re a natural leader, communicating brilliantly with your team and delegating to hit and exceed targets.
- Keeping a watchful eye over customer feedback means your team is always adapting to maintain high standards and improve where necessary.
- Peak season can get pretty busy, but you thrive when working under pressure.
- Communication is key, and you recognise the importance of being an effective listener - ensuring everyone is on the same page while remaining approachable and informative.
- 30% off food and drink in our pubs.
- 50% off overnight stays in our pubs.
- A free two-night stay in our pubs every year.
- Westfield Rewards, including discounts and rewards from hundreds of leading retailers, restaurants, and destinations.
- Cycle to work scheme on select roles.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Career progression.
- Free food on shift.
- Family-friendly policies.
- Flexible working.
- Paid time off to volunteer for charity.
St Austell Family Group is an Equal Opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We also welcome requests for flexible working.
Early applications are encouraged as we’ll review applications throughout the recruitment process and reserve the right to close the advert at any time. Please note that we politely request no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. Speculative CVs from recruitment agencies won’t be accepted, nor the fees associated with them.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert