Kitchen Porter - Kent
- Marriott Hotels - Central
- Bexleyheath, Greater London
- Competitive hourly rates of pay, leisure facilities membership, free meals whilst on duty & a global Marriott discount program
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Kitchen Porter, Kitchen Staff, Pot Washer
- Job Type
- Full Time
Job Number 23043473
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Delta Hotels Bexleyheath, 1 Broadway, Bexleyheath, England, United Kingdom
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
This is an exciting time to join our recently rebranded Delta Hotels by Marriott Bexleyheath, part of Marriott Bonvoys portfolio of 30 extraordinary hotel brands, creating a seamless travel experience in more than 90 locations across North America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, and Central America and Caribbean.
Delta Hotels focuses on the details that truly matter, delivering a streamlined and flawless stay for its guests every time.
We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mind-set are an important part of why our guests continue to choose us for their event needs. Every day presents a new opportunity to interact with people from all over the world, giving you new inspiration and perspective.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas.
- Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals in the 3-compartment sink to clean dishes.
- Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing.
- Rack and spray all racked items with hot water to loosen and remove food residue.
- Sort, soak, and wash/re-wash silverware.
- Breakdown dirty bus tubs.
- Empty and maintain trashcans and dumpster area.
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments.
- Dispose of glass in the proper containers.
- Break down cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bin.
What we need from you:
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address guests' service needs.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Perks you deserve
We'll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Monthly service charge
- Room to grow in your career
- Opportunity to put forward and help implement your own ideas
- Free hot meal on shift
- Worldwide hotel discounts
- Worldwide F&B Discounts
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you'll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World at Delta Hotels.
Apply for Kitchen Porter - Kent
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert