Facilities Manager - Dartford
- Dartford, Kent
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
What we'll give:
Facilities Manager - Darent Valley Hospital
40 hours per week
Based in LondonMore about the role:
To effectively plan, manage and control the day-to-day operational activity of the facilities management services at Darent Valley Hospital within the agreed budget parameters, through a team of Supervisors.
- The key role is to ensure that the services are delivered to the required standards detailed in the contract specification through the application of high level technical skills across the range of functional activities.
- To deliver elements within the business plan to achieve current year's performance.
- To contribute to the annual business, financial and people plan for the contract
- To ensure that service delivery minimises financial penalties under the Penalty Mechanism System.
- To ensure that service delivery meets or exceeds agreed budgets.
- To coach/support the Departmental Supervisors in the financial delivery of their roles.
- To maintain effective internal and external client and user relationships within area of responsibility.
- To deliver Health and Safety policy and standards.
- At least 3 years operational experience of managing in at least one functional area with experience of managing a multi-service operation.
- Financial competence with experience of managing P&L accounts
- IT Literate at Intermediate Level
- Change management.
- Delivery through people
- Planning and Organising
- Achieving and Doing - Can Do
- Business Awareness
- Interpersonal Skills with strong influencing skills
- Customer Focus
- At least 5 years operational experience in most functional areas.
- Degree/HND in Hotel and Catering or Facilities Management
- Track record of success in managing a major contract with a combined turnover of 10m.
- Experience within an NHS environment
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost of living crisis throughout this winter, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- All team members eligible are entitled to a 50% discount at their place of work. Team members are able to take advantage of this discount at the following retail brands operated by Compass Group: Costa, Deli Marche, Amigo and Baguette Co, to name a few.
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Job Reference: com/0302/99320005/52537953/MEDWJ
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.What you'll be doing:
We're currently recruiting a dedicated Facilities Manager to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Healthcare on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Facilities Manager, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert