Butcher - South Kensington, London
- South Kensington, London
- £26,000 - £28,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
Butcher - South Kensington, London
Award-winning, Daylesford Organic, one of the most famous farming estates and organic producers in the UK. We are looking for an engaging and passionate BUTCHER to join our team.
We are open to receiving applications from all levels of butchers. Whether you have had an introduction to butchery or have been a Commis Chef and looking to upskill or perhaps you have a keen interest in the industry, we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive pay from £26,000 - £28,000 per annum
- Both full and part-time opportunities are available
- Breakfast and lunch operation (No evening work)
- Straight shifts, allowing you a great work-life balance
- Daylesford is open 7 days a week, so flexibility to cover a variety of shifts including weekends is essential
Benefits & Perks:
- Daylesford & Bamford 30% discount
- 50% staff lunch discount (in-store)
- Bamford 60% discount on the skincare range
- 10% Discount across our pub group
- Free food and drink are available
- 28 days paid holiday (increasing to 33 days with length of service)
- Training and development to advance your career
- Team member of the month awarded £150 per month (added to your pay)
- Refer a Friend Scheme Bonus up to £1000
- Milestone awards years 1, 5, 10, 15, 20+
- 2x Company parties per year
- Cotswolds farm tour
- Organic veg boxes - seasonal
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
Full access to our Benefits platform:
- Wellness-focused – employee helpline, voluntary health cash plan,
- Access to a variety of discounts on retail, restaurant, and cinema tickets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Information and support on financial and health-related wellbeing
What we are looking
- People with a passion for delivering extraordinary customer service
- Come with a bright, warm, and welcoming mentality
- First-class communication skills
- Previous experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment would be highly advantageous, but not a necessity as full training will be given
About the Role
As our Butcher, you will champion the quality of our meat in store ensuring your counter always looks immaculate and attractive.
You will deliver an excellent level of customer service, sharing your great food knowledge with our customers. Utilising our own farm's rare breeds and fully organic produce, The role will require energy, enthusiasm and confidence. You will be working in a fast-paced and fun environment as part of a supportive team. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 2 years of butchery experience. A fish counter experience would be great, but not essential. Would suit a chef looking for a better work-life balance.
We are open 7 days a week so being able to work flexibly is vital. You’ll be chatting to our customers every day so having a great level of spoken English is pretty important too.
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times.
- Champion the quality of fresh meat & fish in store
- Champion beautifully merchandised counter display and appropriate POS
- Drive and improve basket spend on fresh meat/fish products
- Proactively feedback to the Buyer on any recommendations on range enhancement and category issues
- Follow the lead of the Head Butcher, working closely with the General Manager
- Comply with internal retail audit & Butchers counter audit requirements
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals, and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the well-being of our customers.
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV or contact one of our Recruitment Team to discuss opportunities today.
Apply for Butcher - South Kensington, London
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert