Senior Sous Chef - London
- London, Greater London
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Sous Chef
- Job Type
For almost 20 years, for every client, in every location, whether that's an office, stadium, cathedral or university, we have created beautiful spaces, exciting menus and friendly teams, so that each and every customer, and guest can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We can't do this alone; we need the brightest and the best to join us in our mission to revolutionise the hospitality industry. No bland, boring experiences here, just tastemakers and gamechangers creating legacies and having fun.
Our drive and belief in people, means that we always strive to supercharge our team's careers. 'Better' is a daily habit that sits deep within our DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with us. Come join the revolution!
The location is a lovely retail cafe based in our clients London head office in Kings Cross. Our chef works in the open plan kitchen with a small team of 5 including a Manager, 2 barista and kitchen porter. Customers are very passionate about our food offer and it is important to have someone excited to engage with them daily. Main menu offer consists of breakfast offer, 2 hot offers with upsells.
The client will be completing a full refurb of the kitchen space in the Summer/Autumn the Chef will be integral to the design and implementation of new equipment, this will be an exciting an opprtuntity to craete a practical and fuctional work space.
WHAT WILL KEEP YOU BUSY:
- Plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required
- Ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- Control portion size and monitor waste
- Ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures
- Maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information
- Ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy
- Set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen
- Assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Display a real passion for food
- Good secondary education
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Excellent craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Basic and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong Supervisory experience
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
- Up to 38,000
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Monday to Friday operation usually 6.30am to 3pm
- Free meals on shift
- Bespoke development training
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays & cinema
We want to fuel your individuality, which is why we are deeply committed to creating an inclusive working culture at BaxterStorey.
Ready to be fuelled? Apply today.
Find out more about us at our website.
BaxterStorey offers a wide range of contract catering services to business and industry.
As the UK’s leading independent contract caterer we offer a personal service that focuses on fresh food.
We tailor our services to each client’s individual needs and ensure that we provide the people to deliver the exceptional.
Following our newly gained contract with British Airways, we are keen to hear from talented and ambitious individuals. Our objective is to ensure the food and service at airport lounges are of an impeccable standard, every time.
You will be working in a fantastic environment at Heathrow airport where the focus is quality, quality and even more quality.
There are exciting opportunities ranging from Management positions to Chefs, and lounge hosts amongst others.
Excellent presentation, communication and man management skills are required for senior positions, and all will require individuals to demonstrate a real passion for food and service with bags of enthusiasm.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert