Hospitality supervisor - Manchester
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
For almost 20 years, for every client, in every location, whether that's an office, stadium, cathedral or university, we have created beautiful spaces, exciting menus and friendly teams, so that each and every customer, and guest can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We can't do this alone; we need the brightest and the best to join us in our mission to revolutionise the hospitality industry. No bland, boring experiences here, just tastemakers and gamechangers creating legacies and having fun.
Our drive and belief in people, means that we always strive to supercharge our team's careers. 'Better' is a daily habit that sits deep within our DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with us. Come join the revolution!
As an Hospitality Supervisor you would be working closely with the Hospitality Manager based on site in one of our iconic venues, supporting the operations team, talented chefs and target driven sales people to deliver flawless service and exceptional food and drinks.
The Hospitality Supervisor will build strong relationships with their clients, understanding a brief and executing every detail with continuous quality and a human touch.
- Play an integral role in the successful delivery of events across the site
- To train or provide training to the staff so to ensure they operate in accordance with the department's standards including any casual labour that may be required.
- To monitor daily, the standards achieved in your department and report to your line managers any areas of concerns.
- To liaise with key people in all necessary areas (kitchen, events, reception, etc...) of the business to ensure the provision of food and service is consistent and in line with menu/standards pre-agreed.
- To meet clients on arrival making sure that the event is as they require and ensuring that any on the day changes are passed on to the relevant people where necessary
- To deal effectively and courteously with customer complaints, and to refer all complaints to the line manager, if necessary.
- To carry out regular checks of the events areas for maintenance, housekeeping and other health and safety issues. Report to the line manager.
- To ensure in house accounting policies are adhered to and monitor food and beverage control, including performing stock take.
- To ensure the department/team's compliance within Searcys cash handling and cashing up procedures and that any discrepancies are reported immediately to your line manager.
- Responsible in monitoring staff time sheets are filled correctly.
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Excellent product knowledge (food/beverage)
- Experience in running large events, dinners.
- Leads by example by always acting professional.
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Basic and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong Supervisory experience
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
- Up to 26,000
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free meals on shift
- BUPA cover
- Bespoke development training
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays & cinema
We want to fuel your individuality, which is why we are deeply committed to creating an inclusive working culture at BaxterStorey.
BaxterStorey offers a wide range of contract catering services to business and industry.
As the UK’s leading independent contract caterer we offer a personal service that focuses on fresh food.
We tailor our services to each client’s individual needs and ensure that we provide the people to deliver the exceptional.
Following our newly gained contract with British Airways, we are keen to hear from talented and ambitious individuals. Our objective is to ensure the food and service at airport lounges are of an impeccable standard, every time.
You will be working in a fantastic environment at Heathrow airport where the focus is quality, quality and even more quality.
There are exciting opportunities ranging from Management positions to Chefs, and lounge hosts amongst others.
Excellent presentation, communication and man management skills are required for senior positions, and all will require individuals to demonstrate a real passion for food and service with bags of enthusiasm.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert