Business Development Director - London
- London, Greater London
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Sales & Marketing jobs, Sales Director
- Job Type
For almost 20 years, for every client, in every location, whether that's an office, stadium, cathedral or university, we have created beautiful spaces, exciting menus and friendly teams, so that each and every customer, and guest can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We can't do this alone; we need the brightest and the best to join us in our mission to revolutionise the hospitality industry. No bland, boring experiences here, just tastemakers and gamechangers creating legacies and having fun.
Our drive and belief in people, means that we always strive to supercharge our team's careers. 'Better' is a daily habit that sits deep within our DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with us. Come join the revolution!
Are you a business development professional keen to operate in a buoyant food service market?
Here at BaxterStorey we are currently on the lookout for a Business Development Director to generate new business bids to drive sales across the growing food service sector.
WHAT WILL KEEP YOU BUSY:
As the Business Development Director, you will proactively represent BaxterStorey in all pipeline activity and geographical area growth. You will be responsible for managing all 'steps of the sale' from first appointment to site survey, proposal compilation to presentation. Managing the bidding and internal approval procedures to ensure commercially sound, competitive and profitable financial deals. You'll proactively seek and identify sales to ensure maximum new business growth.
- Liaise with operational and support colleagues to ensure their positive input to proposals, presentations, and site visits.
- Build a strong pipeline and ensure excellent conversation rates.
- Ensure that all prospective business meets company requirements regarding minimum earnings.
- Ensure financial elements of tenders and proposals are accurate, achievable and represent commercial value for clients and customers.
- Produce timetables/progress dates for all proposals, ensuring that support colleagues are aware of their commitments.
- Day-to-day management of Business Development Managers within your team to include achievement of sales targets.
- Achieve personal and team sales target as agreed with Sales Director.
- Weekly reporting to Sales Director of performance and activity of the team.
- Development of a close working relationship with your Regional Managing Director and their team.
- Attend the first quarterly review meeting with new clients, join patch meetings and present sales updates on a regular basis.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Strong and demonstrable sales background.
- Ideally experience working within Food service/hospitality.
- Proven experience of managing an end-to-end sales process and a proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Able to close both local and national bids.
- Keen to develop into a more senior role within a team.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and confidently both verbally and written at all levels.
- Keen to make your mark in the sector by being at the heart of a regional team and leading sales opportunities.
- Excellent customer focused manner.
- Committed to delivering service excellence.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Competitive benefits: 25 days holiday, pension, health and life insurance
- Company car or car allowance
- Fantastic learning and growth opportunities
- Access to our wellbeing platform (REACH) and HAPI, our discounts and benefits platform which offers fabulous savings for you and your family to enjoy from high street shops to holidays and cinemas.
We want to fuel your individuality, which is why we are deeply committed to creating an inclusive working culture at BaxterStorey.
Ready to be fuelled? Apply today.
Find out more about us at our website.
BaxterStorey offers a wide range of contract catering services to business and industry.
As the UK’s leading independent contract caterer we offer a personal service that focuses on fresh food.
We tailor our services to each client’s individual needs and ensure that we provide the people to deliver the exceptional.
Following our newly gained contract with British Airways, we are keen to hear from talented and ambitious individuals. Our objective is to ensure the food and service at airport lounges are of an impeccable standard, every time.
You will be working in a fantastic environment at Heathrow airport where the focus is quality, quality and even more quality.
There are exciting opportunities ranging from Management positions to Chefs, and lounge hosts amongst others.
Excellent presentation, communication and man management skills are required for senior positions, and all will require individuals to demonstrate a real passion for food and service with bags of enthusiasm.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert