Service Desk Operative - Birmingham
- Compass Group UK
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Financial & Support jobs, Customer Service, Hotel jobs, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Person
- Job Type
- Full Time
More about the role:
As a Service Desk Operator, you will take responsibility for
- Managing all incoming issues via the online portal and all other recognised forms of communication.
- Ensuring accurate collection of information and communication with subject matter experts for resolution
- Develop process to improve the operation of the team and deliver efficient and effective responses to the end users
- Liaise with other function service desks to ensure timely transfer of information.
- Maintain service levels to deliver key SLA's
- Provide a consistent, professional face for the programme
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure issues are accurately identified and resolved
- Identify and escalate any risks and issues where appropriate
- Cross training/knowledge share across the in-house System Administration function
- Support communication with sites and sectors
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of working on a high volume, solution focused service desk
- Workforce Management or HR experience beneficial
- Operational experience
- Highly polished and driven for excellence
- Strong communication abilities
- Excellent communication and people skills
- You will have an eye for detail, be logical and disciplined
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining the highest service levels
We are the UK&I No.1 Catering services provider, a 2 billion revenue business, employing 60,000 talented people. We do it all. Tasty, healthy food that brings people together and makes them smile, and hospitality, building maintenance, cleaning and procurement services that make everyone's day just that little bit brighter. We work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, far flung oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 15,000 locations across the UK and Ireland.
As part of Compass you'll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK's biggest businesses.
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Job Reference: compass/TP/1526538/129043/52543407
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.What you'll be doing:
Service Desk Operative
Monday to Friday role based at our Head Office in Rubery, Birmingham. There is a provision for some time to be work from home. Working a rota covering the service desk from 8am - 5pm.
Up to 24, 754 per annum (DOE)
- Free issue staff restaurant offering freshly prepared breakfast and lunches as well as hot drinks
- Electric Charge points for vehicles
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
This is a position in a fast-paced environment and will require excellent task management and people skills. Our Time is a major WFM project, rolling out a time and attendance system across the majority of the Compass Group sites. You will ensure that you deal with issues and problems efficiently and effectively. There will be interaction with multiple stakeholders and departments so clear communication will be crucial.
If you are someone who enjoys working to high standards, developing teams and process, this role is could be a great opportunity for you.
As a Service Desk Operative, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert