Events Waiter/Waitress - Knightsbridge, London
- The Berkeley
- Knightsbridge, London
- Excellent + Benefits Package
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Restaurant, Catering & Hospitality jobs, Waiter / Waitress, Waiting Staff
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Events Waiter/ess to join the Events Operations team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
As an Events Waiter/ess you will be working on both large and small functions doing silver service. This is a casual position and it may be suitable for students or those looking for a flexible work pattern, which include shifts starting early in the morning, finishing late at night and also weekends. In exchange we offer a great atmosphere to work in with a very creative and innovative team, free meals on duty, uniform and excellent pay as well as development opportunities.
Main responsibilities of the Events Waiter/ess include, but are not limited to:
- Basic knowledge about food production & menu items. Deliver high levels of private dining service standards. Ensure efficient and effective operations at all times to the complete satisfactions of client and guests and company standards and expectations. Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Events Waiter/ess will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
In return we offer fantastic industry leading rewards and benefits, including:
- Highly competitive basic salaries Complimentary meals on duty Exceptional opportunities for personal training & development Paid birthday leave day Complimentary uniform laundry service Uniform provided Social events & activities Employee of the month/ year awards Hotel Guest Experience Stay Preferential room rates for yourself and your family across Maybourne. Hotel Group 50% Food & Beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Shared Parental Leave Eye care vouchers for eye tests and contributions towards glasses Free GP online video consultations Occupational Health Service Pension scheme Subsidised monthly massage treatments Subsidised monthly podiatrist treatments Introduce a Star - Recommend a friend bonus scheme Wedding and baby gifts Death in Service Insurance Employee recognition schemes Employee Assistance Programme Internal transfer & promotion opportunities Long Service Awards Travel Season ticket loan
Plus, many other additional benefits including a further fantastic range of benefits offered to all employees through one of the UK's leading benefit providers
**Terms & Conditions apply to all benefits**
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
The Berkeley has been treading its own path for more than 100 years. From here, midway between fashionable Knightsbridge and neighbourly Belgravia, we’re still taking style, comfort and service to inspiring new levels. There’s nowhere quite like it. And that’s the way we love it. Stunning rooms by the brightest minds in the design world. Intuitive service that always seems one step ahead. From the moment you walk in, the hotel begins to work its magic. With many guests returning year after year, it’s a spell that’s hard to break.
- The Berkeley
- 020 7235 6000
Apply for Events Waiter/Waitress - Knightsbridge, London
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert