- The Berkeley
- Knightsbridge, London
- Excellent + Benefits Package
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Hotel jobs, Housekeeper, Housekeeping & Maintenance, Room Attendant
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time
Linen Assistant -Knightsbridge, London
Job Type: Full Time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Linen Assistant to join the Housekeeping team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
A a Linen Assistant you will assist the housekeeping department to ensure that the linen chute is emptied at regular intervals throughout the day and is never left to become blocked. You will sort, count, and pack the containers with dirty linen, which is then to be sent out daily to Royal Jersey Laundry. As a Linen Assistant you will ensure the dirty linen count is accurately transferred on to the despatch list to go with the dirty work.
Main responsibilities of the Linen Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the linen room is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure all clean dry towelling is folded to the set standards.
- To assist in inventory taking.
- To deal with any lost property using the correct procedure.
- To be responsible for assisting the Linen Room Manager in ensuring the security of the linen room at all times.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and that the cleanliness of lockers, showers / toilets and changing rooms are maintained to the required standard of the Hotel.
- Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times
Successful candidates for the Linen Assistant will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
- Highly competitive basic salaries
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Exceptional opportunities for personal training & development
- Paid birthday leave day
- Complimentary uniform laundry service
- Uniform provided
- Social events & activities
- Employee of the month/ year awards
- Hotel Guest Experience
- Stay Preferential room rates for yourself and your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Group 50% Food & Beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Shared Parental Leave
- Eye care vouchers for eye tests and contributions towards glasses
- Free GP online video consultations
- Occupational Health Service
- Pension scheme
- Subsidized monthly massage treatments
- Subsidized monthly podiatrist treatments
- Introduce a Star - Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- Wedding and baby gifts
- Death in Service Insurance
- Employee recognition schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- Long Service Awards
- Travel Season ticket loan
Plus, many other additional benefits including a further fantastic range of benefits offered to all employees through one of the UK's leading benefit providers
**Terms & Conditions apply to all benefits**
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
The Berkeley has been treading its own path for more than 100 years. From here, midway between fashionable Knightsbridge and neighbourly Belgravia, we’re still taking style, comfort and service to inspiring new levels. There’s nowhere quite like it. And that’s the way we love it. Stunning rooms by the brightest minds in the design world. Intuitive service that always seems one step ahead. From the moment you walk in, the hotel begins to work its magic. With many guests returning year after year, it’s a spell that’s hard to break.
- The Berkeley
- 020 7235 6000
Apply for Linen Assistant
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert