- The Berkeley
- Knightsbridge, London
- Excellent + Benefits Package
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Hotel jobs, Housekeeper, Housekeeping & Maintenance, Room Attendant
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time
Room Attendant -Knightsbridge, London
Job Type: Full Time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Room Attendant to join the Housekeeping team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
As an Room Attendant you will assist the housekeeping department to keep all rooms and equipment well maintained, cleaned and up to the hotel’s standards.
Main responsibilities of the Room Attendant include, but are not limited to:
- Attend any housekeeping request.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment, maintenance requirements to technical services, breakages, soiled/damaged linen to the housekeeping supervisor/manager.
- Carry out any other cleaning duties or reasonable request specified by your supervisor.
- To maintain all equipment in good working order and to keep the working area clean/tidy at all times.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and that the cleanliness of lockers, showers / toilets and changing rooms are maintained to the required standard of the Hotel.
- Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Room Attendant will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
- Highly competitive basic salaries
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Exceptional opportunities for personal training & development
- Paid birthday leave day
- Complimentary uniform laundry service
- Uniform provided
- Social events & activities
- Employee of the month/ year awards
- Hotel Guest Experience
- Stay Preferential room rates for yourself and your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Group 50% Food & Beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Shared Parental Leave
- Eye care vouchers for eye tests and contributions towards glasses
- Free GP online video consultations
- Occupational Health Service
- Pension scheme
- Subsidized monthly massage treatments
- Subsidized monthly podiatrist treatments
- Introduce a Star - Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- Wedding and baby gifts
- Death in Service Insurance
- Employee recognition schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- Long Service Awards
- Travel Season ticket loan
Plus, many other additional benefits including a further fantastic range of benefits offered to all employees through one of the UK's leading benefit providers
**Terms & Conditions apply to all benefits**
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
The Berkeley has been treading its own path for more than 100 years. From here, midway between fashionable Knightsbridge and neighbourly Belgravia, we’re still taking style, comfort and service to inspiring new levels. There’s nowhere quite like it. And that’s the way we love it. Stunning rooms by the brightest minds in the design world. Intuitive service that always seems one step ahead. From the moment you walk in, the hotel begins to work its magic. With many guests returning year after year, it’s a spell that’s hard to break.
- The Berkeley
- 020 7235 6000
Apply for Room Attendant
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert