Chef de Partie- Staff Canteen Kitchen - Knightsbridge, London
- The Berkeley
- Knightsbridge, London
- Excellent + Benefits Package
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Commis Chef, Pastry Chef
- Job Type
- Full Time
Chef de Partie- Staff Canteen Kitchen- Knightsbridge, London
Job Type: Full Time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Chef de Partie to join the Staff Canteen Kitchen team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
As an Chef de Partie you will assist in the preparation and cooking of all meals to be served in the staff restaurant, at the appropriate times, in a safe, hygienic and cost effective manner to The Berkeley standards.
Main responsibilities of the Chef de Partie include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare the items for the days salad bar and to prepare (where possible) items for the following days salad bars.
- Assist in the preparation of the lunch / dinner and for the following days meals and to assist in the service of the day’s lunch / dinner as well as with the ‘on going’ cooking of days lunch / dinner during service.
- Before going off duty, ensure the kitchen area of the staff restaurant is clean and has adequate stock, also ensure that there are adequate instructions for the next shift.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and that the cleanliness of lockers, showers / toilets and changing rooms are maintained to the required standard of the Hotel.
- Contribute to maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Chef de Partie will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
In return we offer fantastic industry leading rewards and benefits, including:
- Highly competitive basic salaries Complimentary meals on duty
- Exceptional opportunities for personal training & development
- Paid birthday leave day
- Complimentary uniform laundry service
- Uniform provided
- Social events & activities
- Employee of the month/ year awards
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay
- Preferential room rates for yourself and your family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% Food & Beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Shared Parental Leave
- Eye care vouchers for eye tests and contributions towards glasses Free
- GP online video consultations
- Occupational Health Service
- Pension scheme
- Subsidised monthly massage treatments
- Subsidised monthly podiatrist treatments
- Introduce a Star - Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- Wedding and baby gifts
- Death in Service Insurance
- Employee recognition schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- Long Service Awards
- Travel Season ticket loan
Plus, many other additional benefits including a further fantastic range of benefits offered to all employees through one of the UK's leading benefit providers
**Terms & Conditions apply to all benefits**
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
The Berkeley has been treading its own path for more than 100 years. From here, midway between fashionable Knightsbridge and neighbourly Belgravia, we’re still taking style, comfort and service to inspiring new levels. There’s nowhere quite like it. And that’s the way we love it. Stunning rooms by the brightest minds in the design world. Intuitive service that always seems one step ahead. From the moment you walk in, the hotel begins to work its magic. With many guests returning year after year, it’s a spell that’s hard to break.
- The Berkeley
- 020 7235 6000
Apply for Chef de Partie- Staff Canteen Kitchen - Knightsbridge, London
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert