Guest Relations Executive - Knightsbridge, London
- The Carlton Tower Jumeirah
- Knightsbridge, London
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Hotel jobs, Hotel Management, Hotel Porter, Hotel Receptionist
- Job Type
- Full Time
Guest Relations Executive - Knightsbridge, London
We are currently seeking a passionate Guest Relations Executive to join the Front Office team here at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah.
About the Hotel
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over world- class shopping destination Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the job
A charming, extrovert and engaging colleague with a clear passion for the hotel & hospitality industry, travel & discovery and pride towards his/her local city.
They will serve as the main point of contact for VIP guests, starting with the pre arrival through to the post arrival. Your key duties in this role will include;
To handle the administrational duties of the Guest Relations Operation and to ensure effective communication to the business on a daily basis, updating with all and any important information that will assist the Hotel Operation and improve the guest stay experience.
To assist in being the life and soul of the lobby/public areas, creating a positive environment and maintaining and engaging, approachable, helpful and friendly demeanour to colleagues and guests alike.
- Acknowledge, greet, welcome, engage & initiate genuine adaptive conversation with guests and visitors facilitating the smooth operation of the lobby, obtaining feedback and assisting in creating memorable guest experiences.
- Provide the latest information on the Hotel’s outlets, amenities, services and facilities whilst actively upselling and making reservations as necessary.
- Provide historical and cultural facts of the destination and be a story teller for Jumeirah and the unique hotel differentiators / interesting facts.
- Respond to any guest requests for particular services (e.g., directions, transportation, reservations, dry cleaning, celebrations, other) by making arrangements with the relevant departments and following up to ensure satisfaction.
- To assist in meeting and escorting all arriving VIP guests to their rooms, ensuring that their needs are met, their luggage swiftly sent to their rooms and that they are checked-in in a courteous and efficient manner without delay.
- Efficiently compose and communicate the VIP memo on a daily basis through effective guest research and profiling, gathering essential information relative to the guest and recognising value of any particular source /company/group or agent.
- Reach out to all VIP guests on arrival prior to their arrival to establish contact and arrange any necessary requests. Once guests arrive on property, serving as the main point of contact. Once guest has departed, following up with post departure email and or phone call.
- Using the E Butler system to check in with VIP guests and ensure they have everything they need
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Prior experience working in 5* environment or in a luxury hotel is desirable
- Excellent level of spoken English
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with guests
- Excellent personal presentation skills demonstrating a 5 * appearance at all times
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in person and by telephone.
- Knowledge of Opera is preferred.
- Ability to learn multiple computer software and accurately input information into the systems.
- Must be available to work weekends, days, evenings and holidays.
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language.
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days pro rata paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert